BasicallyIDoWrk - Gullible

I was fortunate enough to have a special person in my life who could light up my world. No, he wasn't famous. Well I don't think so. He wasn't the sort of person to stand out in any way. He was my best friend, Marcel. Plain and simple. Though it was clear he put a smile on my face every day. He told me constantly that I was the most gullible girl in the entire world. I would deny it every single time. I guess I was the perfect teasing Target.

When I was about fiveteen years old, I loved slinkies. Boys liked football and girls. Girls liked nail polish and boys. I liked slinkies. One day I was sitting on the floor of Marcels living room, playing with my Slinky. He out of the blue said, "you know, the best kind of Slinky is the one that can go up and down the stairs." At first I didn't believe him, but he managed to convince me there was such thing. He had me looking for months for the perfect Slinky.

A few years passed and I grew out of my Slinky phase. Marcel was diagnosed with a cancer of the bone. He was strong at first, but it soon took a toll on him. He was the kind of person that wouldn't go down without a fight.

One night I decided to visit him at the hospital. I wanted to make him smile, so I brought him a gift. I said, "I found the perfect Slinky. It goes both up and down stairs. But this one is smarter then the rest. It takes the elevator." I never seen him laugh as hard as he did that day.

A few years have gone by, and that day gave him hope. Marcel is back home, living on his own. He also started a youtube career. I visit him sometimes and see the slinky on his desk, still in good shape.

He also keeps calling me the most gullible girl in the world.