Bryce Mquaid- Officer

"you will start you suspension time tomorrow. You will go to elm street and help pick up trash. One of my officers is going to keep an eye on you. You will do volunteer work for 3 weeks. I hope to see you there        ms.(l/n)" officer bryan says.

I've been pulled over because I was speeding. This is about the 7th time. I need to get away from my problems. My parents keep on yelling at each other and it sometimes gets bloody. I try to stop it but they just then yell at me or throw something at me. One time it got so bad they hit me with a fork. They were in the kitchen.

Now I can get away from the yelling and do some work to help the community.

I pull up into a motel and I sneak into a room. I haven't gotten a job because my mom thinks I'm too young. I can't even go to school because my dad thinks they don't teach right things. So I'm quite dumb.

I drop my bags on the floor and flop on the bed. Officer bryan told me I start at noon tomorrow.

-morning-

My phone has missed calls from my mom and dad. It's 11 am and I need new clothes for today. So I grab my bag of stuff and put it in my car. I then get in and drive to my once loving house. I walk into the front door and see my mom drinking whiskey on the couch. My dad must of left for work.

"He is cheating on me with ellen!" Mom says.

"Yes mom now get some sleep." I say taking the whiskey away from her.

I walk to my room and grab a sweatshirt and some black pants and throw them on. I then quickly go back into my car. The whole house feels dead inside with a dash of hate. It's creepy.

I drive to elm street. I see two police cars. I pull up behind them and get out. I see officer bryan and another officer talking.

"You made it!" Officer bryan says.

"I have nothing else to do with my life." I say.

"Oh um. ALRIGHT! This is Officer Mquaid he is a okay officer I guess. But you are going to go up and down this road and pick up each piece of trash. Got it! And I want it spotless."

He then gets in his car and drives away.

"Um here are the tools you need." Officer mquaid says.

I see trash bags and rubber gloves. So I pick up a trash bag and some gloves and put them on.

So I start picking up trash.

"Speeding huh?" Mquaid laughed.

"An okay officer huh?" I say.

"Oh uh. no."

"Uh huh."

"Why are you wearing a sweatshirt in 90 degree weather?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Attitude?"

"Yup."

I pick up more trash and try to make the mquaid dude to stop talking.

"So your a speeder?" Officer mquaid said.

" So your an officer with that smile?" I say but literally clamp my mouth shut.

"Did I hear that right?"

"Bro no. You must be drunk."

I looked off into the distance and I saw my dad's car coming. It was swerving around.

My dad's car pulled in by my car and smashed into it. He got out with a beer in his hand.

"GET IN THER CARS YONG LERDY!" My dad said drunk.

"No dad I'm doing something." I say quietly.

"Oh yea you think your dad is less important than this stupud theng. Wow your gerd for nothin. I wished (your mom name) nevar hed a kid. You are just a waste in space. End a waste of money."

He's never said any of this before. He walked up to me and grabbed my arm. His nails digging in my skin.

"Let's go." dad says.

I was crying by now.

I was done with this now. I walked in the middle of the street and just stood there.

"Serves you right! I don't care if you will die!" My dad yelled.

A semi was coming at full speed towards me. I just closed my eyes and didn't mind the semi's beeps and my dad laughing at me.

I then got thrown to the ditch. I looked up and saw officer mquaid.

"Why did you do that." I say.

I saw my dad across the street. He was walking to his car. Great he is leaving. Oh wait he pulled out a gun.

"Run to my car now!" Officer mquaid says.

So I do. I get In the passenger side. Mquaid gets in the driver side.

"Wheres your gun! Where is your equipment?" I ask.

He just pulls away. My dad shoots at the car and the back window breaks.

"Well now you know why I speed." I say.

"Well it was crazy to watch. But I understand. My mom died when I was 4 my dad was always drunk. So my uncle took me in. And my uncle is bryan. He doesn't trust me at all. I always played games with my friends and I even had my own YouTube channel. But my uncle took my computer stuff and smashed it on the ground. Then handed me my badge. But he never gave me a gun." Mquaid says.

"To be honest. That makes zero sense."

"To be honest. I know."

"Where we going?"

"Where ever you want."

I looked at him strangely he just laughed.

"Okay how about anywhere but here." I say.

"Ok!"