FourZer0Seven- Wrong place Wrong time (2)

Why not? :)

Scotty's pov

The pistol made a hard flat noise not as loud as I would have expected. Crazily I thought how in movies they wouldn't​ fire real bullets, but blanks. I almost looked for the cameras and crew. The shooter was movie star handsome, the gunshot didn't sound right. No one would have any reason to kill a sweet man like Craig Thompson, which means that all this had been scripted and that the finished film would be in theaters this summer.

"How many flies do you swallow on the average day, standing around with your mouth open?" Asked the killer. "Is your mouth ever not open?"

He appeared to be amused by me, to have already forgotten about Craig, as if killing a librarian is just like stepping in a ant.

"What did he ever do to you?" I said with anger.

"Who?"

I knew at once that he didn't relate my question to the man he just murdered.

The word insane didn't fit him, but it was an adjective to start with.

"Craig, he was a sweet man, gentle." I said.

"Oh him."

"Craig Thompson, he had a name, you know. He had a life, friends, he was a somebody."

"Wasn't he just a librarian?"

He raised his pistol and pointed it at my chest.

Confronted by the muzzle of the handgun, I felt fear creep into the Halls of my mind.

"What did he ever do to you?" I ask.

He smiled and shrugged. "I wouldn't of killed him if you came in."

"What are you talking about?"

"By myself, I couldn't handle two hostages. He was here alone. He was going to lock the doors, then you came in."

"Don't Tell me in responsible."

"Oh, no, not at all. It's not your fault. It was just one of those things."

"Just one of those things." I repeated.

"I might have shot you instead. But having met you earlier in the street, figured you'd make better company that an old librarian."

"What do you need a hostage for?"

"In case things go wrong."

"What things?"

"You will see."

He pulled something out of his pocket, which were a pair of handcuffs.

"I'm going to throw these at you." He said.

"I don't want them."

He smiled at me. "You are going g to be fun. Catch them. Lock one cuff around your wrist. Then lie on the ground with both hands behind your back, I can finish the rest."

When he threw them, I sidestepped them. They rattled off a reading table, and clattered to the floor.

He aimed the pistol at me. I've never held a handgun, let alone fired one.

"Pick em up."

"Pick em up, or I'll do a Craig on you and just wait for another hostage to walk through the door."

I scooped up the handcuffs and clamped one of the hancuff around my wrist.

Snaring a set of keys off the librarian desk, he said, "don't lie down yet. Stay on your feet where I can see you while I lock the doors."

When he was halfway to the doors, they opened. A young woman​, a stranger to me, walked in with a stack of books.

She was the prettiest woman I have ever walked this Earth.

I wouldn't be able to endure seeing her shot, not her.

There you are!