Terrorisor - Carrot

(when you were 6)
My mom and dad have been fighting alot. I don't know why but it gets annoying sometimes. Craig and I always run to the park when they fight.

But I still feel lonely. Craig always runs away to his friends. I don't really have friends because I don't like to talk alot.

I always sit on the swings by myself. People never take the swings by me because they think I'm weird. I don't understand, everybody is the same.

It's a cold winter night in October. People are out and about getting Halloween decorations for the holidays. So nobody is hardly at the park. But if course Craig's friends are!

I pull out my drawing book and start drawing a picture of a tree. I love nature, nature is the only thing that cares for me because I care for it too.

I look up from my drawing book and see a little boy standing in front of me.

"Can I see your drawing?" He asks.

"But all you are going to do is laugh at me because I'm weird." I say.

"People call me weird because I can do different voices. Can I please see it?"

I slowly hand over my drawing book. He grabs it and turns it to his wait. I close my eyes, waiting to be humiliated. But it never comes.

"This is so pretty!" He says.

"Thanks." I mumble.

He sits in the swing next to me.

"Craig told me it's your birthday. Happy birthday!" He says.

I look at him shocked. Only Craig and this boy said happy birthday to me!

"Thank you." I say.

He digs for something in his pocket. But then he hands me it and runs away, far away.

I open the thing in my hands. It was a neatly folded wrapping over a small bag if carrots. There was a card that said "I know it's not much but happy birthday!"

I look up and search for him in the crowd of Craig's friends. But I didn't see him. And I didn't even catch his name!

-time skip-

Craig and I are walking to the park, again. I'm hoping to see carrot, yes I called him carrot.

We arrive at the park. But I didn't see him at all. I kind of got disappointed.

So I just sat at my swing again, alone.

(Now when your 23)

Craig us having his stupid friends come over for my birthday! I dont even know them.

Oh yeah Craig and I bought a apartment together when we were told enough to have our own apartment. My dad moved far away with no intention to see us again. And mom started drinking and doing drugs. Great parents. I know!

I check my face in the mirror. But before I leave I touch the note that says 'i know it's not much but happy birthday'. I'm hoping to meet that boy again. Even though we met once he played a special role in my life.

I grabbed my drawing book and head down stairs. Craig is in the kitchen cooking corn and hamburgers.

"Hey!" He says.

"Hi!" I say.

I sit on the couch and start drawing my favorite flower, a rose.

There was a knock on the door and Craig opened it for them. I didn't pay much attention to them. I know exactly who they are. Craig's YouTube friends.

I keep an eye on my sketch paid. But then something slides down the paper, a present.

Just like the one the little boy gave to me 17 years ago! I look up and see terrorisor or Brian.

"It was you?!" I say.

"You know me! Full of surprises!" He says.

I get up and pull him into a big hug.

"Thank you Brian!" I say.