Frank's POV~ 14 years old

Comenzar desde el principio

"Hi, I'm Frank", I smiled and offered my hand.

The dude didn't seem creeped out that I was friendly. I mean, this area wasn't as crime-ridden as Belleville.  

"I'm Josh", he shook my hand. "Nice to meet you Frank. And who is this?" 

He pointed at the Pomeranian. I didn't actually know his name though. So I quickly came up with one. 

"This is... uh, Mr. Rat", I informed him.

"Hey, Tyler! His dog is Brendon Urie!", Josh screamed at his friend. 

After a couple of muffled noises coming from the tree, the kid with the red beanie positioned himself on a branch before lunging at me from the tree.

"GIT YER OWN FREN", he yelled.

I leapt out of his way, but Josh quickly cushioned his fall. They were really good friends like Gerard and I, and I admired that. I didn't want to get in the way of that.

"It was nice meeting both of you, but I think my grandma is calling for me. Thank you!" I told them with a plastered smile.

"Bye!" Tyler bid.

"Tyler, I can't believe you did that", Josh scolded Tyler.

"He needed to git his own fren", he crossed his arms. 

Their conversation zoned out of range as I went back to my grandma's. As I passed a few houses, more people were outside, but I didn't want to bother them. Maybe later. 

I walked in and my grandma took her dog.

"Hey, what's your dog's name? He looks like a rat" I asked her. 

"Umm, 'he' is a 'she'. She identifies as a giraffe, so that offended me", my grandma Tumblr replied. 

You don't want to argue with Grandma Tumblr because every view she has is apparently the only right one, so I just left the crazy woman to make some coffee.

[A/N: this wasn't me dissing transsexuals. This was me dissing those few people who think dogs give a fuck if they're a certain gender.]

As I prepared the coffee, a sharp knock on the door sounded. My grandma went to answer it. 

"Hello young man, who might you be? My escort?" my grandma asked the guy at the door.

Did my grandma just ask a random stranger if he would have sex with her? What a weirdo. I heard some more muffled conversation before she sent him away.

"Who the fuck names their child 'Gerard' these days. Doesn't that escort know that you're only fourteen? Jesus, people these days", she shook her said and sat down. 

"Wait, Gerard was there? Grandma, you've MET him before", I dropped the hot cup of coffee, getting some of it on my legs.

I ran to the door and nearly fell down the porch stairs trying to get him before he drove away. But he wasn't even in his car. The fucker was leaning against his car with a smile on his face. He was spiffy as fuck too. He wore a tux and his hair looked hella nice.

In one hand, he had a bouquet of bright red roses. In the other, he didn't have boxes of chalky flavorless heart candy. No, this was even better. He had a tiny chocolate cake from my favorite bakery. The fucker knew me really well. Chocolate cake was one of my addictions.

"You made us late for our reservation at the Italian restaurant your mom used to take you to, but they said they'll forgive you", Gerard smiled. 

Italian food was my favorite food in the world. I love this man so much.

"I don't understand", I told him. "Why're we going to eat?" 

"Frank, you oblivious fuck. We're dating. Why would you go to your grandma's on the night of the dance?" he chuckled.

Oh my GOD, he wanted to surprise me. And I totally ruined it. 

"Oh my God, I'm so glad you asked! I was so dreading a weekend without you", I embraced him, taking him by surprise as he handed me my cake and roses.

"This woman is crazy", I whispered in his ear.

He giggled a little, and that made me even more excited.

"I have coffee all over my clothes, but maybe I could find something nice here", I told him, already half up the stairs.

"Don't", he stopped. "I already got a tux from your house".

"Oh my gosh, you just planned out everything, didn't you Mr. Perfect?" I smiled.

He blushed a little. I didn't even tell my grandma I was leaving. I just jumped in his car, texting my mom to tell her. He got in on the other side and started it up. The first song that played was literal music to my ears and could have brought tears to my eyes due to joy. 

It was our song. Gerard sang along to the lyrics. It was more beautiful than the singer's voice.

MY ANACONDA DON'T, MY ANACONDA DON'T, MY ANACONDA DON'T WANT NONE UNLESS YOU GOT BUNS HUN.

[I'm just kidding, restart] 

Sometimes when you're asleep
and I'm just starin' at the ceiling,
I want to reach out and touch you,
but you just go on dreamin'.

[You & Me by Alice Cooper, in case you wanted to look it up]

It brought me back to the distinct time when Gerard and I didn't do some petty little kid's kiss from when we were six and seven and only mimicked our parents by pecking each other on the cheek to MARK OUR TERRITORY. No, this was the time that him and I were listening to music in his room and he was drawing and I was watching it and then suddenly, before I knew it, he tipped my head up and we made out. 

The thought of us making out merely a few months ago disintegrated from my head when I felt Gerard trying to grasp for my hand. I was extremely happy. 

Now, I get to go to a dance with Gerard and we can eat Italian food with my favorite dessert and we're listening to our song and everything is amazing. It couldn't get any better than this unless I were to marry this man. 

Now, if someone were to ask me, "Frank, what's your favorite holiday?", I'd still say, "Halloween because it's my birthday". Like, why would it change just because of a cute date? Gerard does this to me all the time, Valentine's day is not the only day you can treat your significant other.

What, are you stupid? This is why you don't get a date to the Valentine's dance, Sharon. Because you think like that.

Fuck you Sharon.