Gerards POV- 7 years old

A cute chapter to make up for the heart shattering one from before. Enjoy:

  I only had three dollars. Who only had three dollars to go to the store? Well I did, and I planned in buying Frankie and I friendship bracelets. Why? Why not.

   I went to fetch Frank from across the street. It was probably around noon and Frankie and I had to be back in an hour so we could go see a movie. We skipped down the road together, hands latched together.

   As always, people gave us death glares and called us sinners for no apparent reason. Why does everyone do that, it really makes me mad.

   "I only have three dollars, but we can go to the dollar store and see what we could find", I smiled at Frankie.

   He thought we were going to go get shoe laces. (First chapter reference, haha) But he thought wrong.

   We walked into the dollar store and sure enough he went to the little section with shoes, but I dragged him away to the small toys.

   I was looking avidly at everything while Frank just questioned what i was doing.

   I picked up a tiny package for two dollars that had five so called 'yo-yos'. It came in red, green, purple, blue, and yellow colors.

   I thought it was perfect.

   1) all of us could have one and

   2) it was right in my price range

   I don't know what a yo-yo did, but it seemed like a pretty good bracelet. We could just draw 'BFF' in Sharpie on the little plastic charms.

   I took them up to the little checkout counter. As Frank struggled to even see over the counter, I gave the lady my three dollars.

   I eagerly got back my yo-yo and my change. I ripped open the package.

   "What color do you want?" I asked him.

    "Uhhh, bwue", Frank pointed at the blue one.

   I took it out of the plastic case thingy and yanked out the string and wrapped it around Frank's wrist, ending the string by tying it to the beginning of the string.

   "Surprise! They're friendship bracelets!" I hugged him as the lady awed at her little checkout desk thing.

   "Awe Gewawd, you didn't have to", Frank hugged me back tightly.

   He turned to my ear and whispered, "Are we still going to get shoe-laces?"

   I nodded eagerly and he led me to the shoe section. They didn't seem to have lace replacements, so I just yanked four white laces out of two pairs of shoes and took them back to the check out lady.

   I held out my change to her.

   "How much will these cost?" I asked confidently, as if I were rich.

   "You know what?" the girl giggled. "If you never ever let anyone get to you, I'll give them to you for free. This may seem stupid now, but remember there will be people who call you nasty names. You shouldn't care".

   "We sure won't care Miss, thank you so much!" Frank went behind the counter to hug her, and she just laughed and hugged him back.

   And that day we got free shoelaces from a crazy lady. I don't even understand half of the names I'm called, let alone begin to care.

   <(*^*)>