Franks POV- 10 years old

I woke up feeling confused. It felt like there was a gap in my brain. I looked around and realized I was in a hospital room.

   Oh yeah, I got my tonsils taken out, duh!

   I noticed the nurse in the room and instantly, my first question was shot.

   "Is Gerard here?" I asked.

   "Sorry dear?" she looked confused.

   "Gerard, he's kinda tall with black hair and a cute smile. Gerard Way. Is he here?" I asked again.

   "Oh, as in visitors?" she sounded like a moron.

   "Yes, I wanna see Gerard", I demanded.

   "Oh, er, one second", she excused herself from the room and returned with a doctor.

   "Hello Frank", he said in his deep voice. "I understand you want to see your friend?"

   I nodded my head and crossed my arms.

   "My best friend", I repeated.

   "Well Mr. Iero, I'm afraid we can't do that. You can't have visitors at the moment. You shouldn't even be talking. You can really strain yourself", the doctor explained.

   "We don't need to talk. I just wanna see him", I said stubbornly.

    The doctor turned to whisper at the nurse who promptly left the room.

   "Shes getting your mom right now. You can see her, but try not to talk", the doctor warned.

   "I don't want my mom. I didn't ask for my mom. I want Gerard and I want Gerard now", I slowly raised my voice with every new sentence.

   The nurse came in and my mother followed behind.

   "Whats wrong Frankie?" my mom asked.

   "I want. To see. Gerard", I was getting angry at this point.

   My mom looked hesitant as she turned to the doctor.

   "If he wants Gerard, he gets Gerard. They're virtually inseparable. He won't talk, I promise. He probably just needs a hand to hold", my mom explained.

   "Go get the boy", the doctor motioned, obviously a little angry.

   "So this Gerard. You have a crush on her?" the nurse asked politely.

   "Gerard's not a her, Gerard's a him", I smiled.

   The nurse nodded slowly, processing the information.

   Gerard came in with my mom.

    "Frankie!" Gerard ran over to me.

   I hugged Gerard and smiled at him. He gave me a big kiss on my cheek.

   "I hope you feel better soon, Frankie", Gerard smiled.

   "Er, this is a family establishment ma'am", the doctor turned to my mom.

   "Yeah, I know", my mom nodded.

   I held Gerard's hand as he talked about how scared he was when I went into surgery.

   "We can't have any homosexual activity", the doctor said.

   "What is a homosexual?" Gerard asked me.

   I shrugged my shoulders as my mom yanked the doctor out of the room. I could hear her yelling at the doctor in the hallway. We turned to the nurse to see what was going on.

   "Its okay", she reassured. "That doctor is just a little whack".

   We laughed at the comment she made about him. When my mom and the doctor came back in, she looked angry and he looked defeated.

   "Lets go Frankie. We can go get ice cream", my mom smiled.

   "Ice cream!" Gerard and I cheered together.

   We left the hospital and were at an ice cream place when Gerard asked my mom about what a homosexual is.

   "Its something stupid that is used as a label in society to separate us. It's okay, though. People don't understand", my mom explained.

   "It's like when that guy at the zoo called us fags. No one understands anyone," Gerard marvelled.

   "You got that right. Just love who you love", my mom said.

   "If I could love three things, it would be my family, Frankie, and this ice cream", Gerard smiled.

   "Awe, me too. Me and Gerard are alike", I said excitedly.

   Gerard hugged me as my mom giggled at the display of affection.

   Yo yo yo yo yo. How's it hanging dawg?
-Leigha