Gerard's POV~ 12 years old

"Gerard!" Frank yelped from the bathroom.

    My heart raced as I thought of the possibilities. I sped to the bathroom at the speed of sound and knocked on the door. Two sharp raps and I let myself in. There stood a sobbing Frankie in his Spider Man boxers. 

    "Frankie! What's wrong!" I panted.

    I climbed stairs to get up here, so don't judge me.

   "The shampoo", he weeped. "It's gone".

   I looked at the shampoo bottle sitting on the edge of my bathtub and sure enough, it was as empty as.... I don't know what's that empty but there wasn't one drop left of shampoo! How would Frank wash his hair now!?

    "I know what we could do!" I snatched the bottle up.

   I squinted my eyes and looked at the small label as Frank sniffled in sadness. I read the ingredients thoroughly and thought wow, this couldn't be that hard.

   "We'll make our own shampoo", I smiled. 

   It may be freezing in my house but it warmed my heart to see dear little Frankie dry his tears and smile. I got a little container from the kitchen downstairs and brought it up to the bathroom. The very first ingredient was water, so I filled it with water. 

   "What if that's too much water?" Frankie asked.

   "The more water we have, the more shampoo", I grinned at my genius idea.

   Frankie's face lit up once again. He knew I was a genius. I can't believe Mikey went shopping with my mom. He was missing out!

   "What's the next ingredient Doctor Frankie", I smiled.

   "Umm, I can't pronounce this," Frank said, unsure.

   "Just try", I encouraged.

   "Sodium l-laureth... sulfate?" he seemed unsure but that sounded pretty shampoo-y to me.

   "I know what sodium is", I said. "It's salt".

   "I'll get the salt then!" Frank dashed out of the room and almost instantly, he was back with the whole tin of Morton salt.

   "'How much do we need?" Frank asked.

   I snatched the container away from him to judge how much would be necessary. I shook it and concluded that it was almost completely full. I thought for a second before replying to his question and handing back the container.

   "About half of it. Salt is really hydrating I think", I nodded.

   Frank got eye level with our container of shampoo and poured in about half of the salt. He set it down on the counter. He stood at attention for our next ingredient.

   "The next one says cocamide mea I think", I said.

    "Isn't that chocolate?" Frank asked.

   "I think it's cocoa, yeah", I confirmed. "I'll get it, I think you're too short to get it anyways".

   Frank jokingly hit my arm and I giggled and went downstairs to get the cocoa. I took the salt with me to put up. When I got back, I caught Frank stirring it with his finger. He smiled at me and sat up when I came back. I opened up the container and found most of it gone.

   "Just pour the rest in", I said, handing it to him.

   He eagerly took it and poured it all in, forming a cloud of cocoa which set, leaving a thin layer of chocolatey goodness on the bathroom counter. Frank picked up the shampoo bottle and looked at the next ingredient. He tried to pronounce it for a minute, then gave up and just handed it to me.

   I looked at the bottle and felt smart because I sort of knew what it was I think.

   "A-am-mmm-onium chloride", I said. "That's the stuff in pools".

   "Really? We don't have pool stuff", Frank's face dropped as he realized our plan was flawed.

   "No, it's okay. It's also in bleach", I comforted.

   "Ooh! I know where that is", he shot up and like a bullet, burst out of the room to the laundry room across the hall.

   It's about time we used something that wasn't food. I was starting to think that shampoo was just seasoning for our heads so the giants would think we taste better.

   Frank came back with the half empty bottle of bleach. He handed it to me with a big grin across his cute little face.

   "We're going to need, like, half of half of this to keep our hair very clean", I said.

   I felt happy that I was taking initiative. I should become a military general. (No, don't Gerard! Never coming home, never coming home is a possibility!!)

   Frank eagerly poured in the desired amount of bleach and put the bleach back in it's designated spot. While he did this, I read the next ingredient. Fragrance

   "Gerard, I'm going to need the Febreeze for the next one", I smiled at him. 

   He nodded and grabbed the bottle that I kept in my room. I only kept it in there because sometimes my room smelt like dog and I didn't want to embarrass myself with Frank. When he came back, I poured a little bit in myself and decided to take it back to my room myself. When I got back, Frank looked panicked again.

   "What's wrong Frankie?" I asked. 

   "The shampoo is about to overflow!" he said.

   "It's okay, the first ingredients are the most important ones," I nodded. "We don't need anything else".

   He looked excited as I went to the kitchen for the funnel. We efficiently got the shampoo into our shampoo bottle and shook it up.

   "Thank you Gee", Frank smooched my cheek before slamming the door in my face to finally take his shower.

   I was watching television, not believing what I saw, when Frank shrieked out again.

   You weren't supposed to use all the shampoo dork was what I thought as I went upstairs to check on Frank. He burst out of the bathroom... but something was off. 

   There was no hair on his head.

   I panicked and we ran around screaming until someone knocked on the door. I looked out the window to see Frank's mom looking panicked. I threw open the door.

   "Frank's hair disappeared!" I screamed.

   She looked so done with everything.

   "Are you kidding me? Gerard Arthur Way, did you cut Frank's hair?" his mom laughed.

   "No, we made shampoo because we ran out and now his hair has disappeared!" I explained.

   She looked so confused until she saw her poor emotionally unstable son sobbing and running around naked. It must have looked weird in here. She took him home. When my mom got home, she didn't say anything. She did get shampoo though, so at least I didn't have to use the magician shampoo. 

   The next day at school, Frank was upset because everyone made fun of his hair. Or should I say, lack of hair. So that night, I went home and cut off all my hair. And the next day we were matchies.

    This is like, the longest chapter in a while. Whoa. But I did want to say to the kik group (that you can still join, it's #frerardoneshotfandom, or you can inbox me) I will be on in an hour and a half. Until then, I'll write the next chapter of Separate Me From My Own Two Hands, so stay tuned for that! Thanks for reading!! 

Leigha