Gerards POV- 13 years old

I was struggling here without Frank. I couldn't deal with it without him. Can't the school realize that Jason should be here instead of me? I was defending someone God Damn it.

   About half a week ago, I clocked Jason in the face because he was picking on Christopher Drew for having "fag hair". I didn't want to make him feel bad about his hair. So I made Jason want to feel bad about his face.

   This was my third offense, and on third offenses the office recommends sending your kid to "Behavioral Facility". It wasn't particularly bad, other than the fact that you have no privacy and have to see a bitch therapist everyday, but I couldn't see Frank.

   This has been the longest I haven't been able to see him, talk to him, or Skype him.

   Luckily phone calls were tonight, so I could try and reach Frankie.

   Once I got called up for the fucking phone calls the bitch lady said, "Who do you wanna call sweetie".

   "Frank," I demanded.

    "Uh, Frank?" she said hesitantly.

   "Did I stutter? I want Frank," I slammed my fist down.

   So far I have been pretty fucking good, there was no question to that. The lady seemed surprised. When it came to Frank I went to different measures.

   "Honey, your only contacts are Mikey and Donna," she said.

   "Don't honey me," I muttered. "I want Frank".

    "Well that's a phone call you aren't getting, so pick one or don't talk at all", she said.

   "Fine, I want to talk to Mikey", I said through clenched teeth.

   I wanted to call her a bitch so badly, but that wouldn't get me anywhere.

   I picked up the receiver on the wall as steady dialled Mikey's number. It's amazing how he's so young and has a phone, when I didn't get one until he got one.

   And I'm four years older!

   "Hello?" a hushed Frank answered.

   "Frankie!" I said, overjoyed to hear his voice.

   "Hey, Mikey snuck me in here because he knows it's phone call night. I thought you'd want to talk to me", I could hear the smile in his voice.

   "Tell Mikey I said thank you so much, and that I'll see him Friday," I laughed.

   "It seems like it's gone by so fast, I can't function at school", Frankie laughed.

   I giggled like a teenage girl on the phone.with her boyfriend. Boyfriend.

   "Be good okay Gerard?" Frank asked.

   "I've been okay until now. My mom didn't put you in my contacts and that made me mad," I admitted.

    "Gerard, don't ever do that again!" Frank laughed.

   "I can't believe Jason got me here in the first place", I sighed.

   "It's okay Gerard. Now you won't defend Christopher anymore", Frank laughed.

    "I can't stand to watch people get bullied," I shrugged.

   "Times up, Way, say your goodbyes," the lady called.

   I nodded at her and turned back to the receiver.

   "Frankie, I gotta go, but tell Mikey I said thanks and I love him," I requested.

   "Okay, bye", he sounded disappointed.

   "I love you", I said quietly.

   "I love you too", he said quickly before hanging up.

   Frank just said he loved me.

   I was so happy at that moment, I felt I owed the receptionist an apology.

   "Miss, I'm sorry that I went off on you. I just haven't gone this long without Frank", I said to her.

   She looked around and looked up to me.

   "Are you talking to me?" she asked.

   "Yeah, I'm sorry", I laughed.

   "Noones ever apologised to me before. What are you here for again?" she began flipping through a folder, stopping on a file that said "G Way".

   "Anger management?" the lady looked up at me.

   She looked shocked.

   "Uh yeah," I clarified. "This guy was bullying this other guy because of his hair. I didn't want him to feel bad about himself, so I mad the guy feel bad about his face".

   "Sweetie, that doesn't seem like any reason to be here. It seems to me the bully should be here," she crossed her arms.

   "I don't know, that guy should be in prison for the amount of people he's hurt", I said.

   This was the only lady who believed me. I can't believe I was ever rude to her.

   "I may be able to get you out tonight or as soon as your parents can come and trade you for this bully. What's his name?" she adjusted her glasses.

   "Jason Port", I said.

   "Okay, I'm going to make some phone calls", she whispered.

   I began to walk back to sit outside of my room and wait for my roommate to get out of the God forsaken shower.

   It had a shitty velcro curtain so you couldn't do anything with it, and along with that your whole bathroom had a curtain instead of a door.

   Once my roommate came out, I went in and picked out a band tee and shorts to wear. Once I got out of the shower everyone turned to me. I was so confused.

   "Sorry?" I asked.

   "You're going home, your parents have arrived", the lady at the desk said.

    This overjoyed me. I instantly began throwing my clothes off the shelves to pick them up in a jumbled heap. I slipped on my converse before getting the pile and ran to the lobby. My parents had a backpack for my stuff and I began to pack it away.

   I went back in and said goodbye to all the friends I had made and hugged the lady.

   "Thank you", I said.

   "No, thank you," she smiled.

   I ran back out and as we were leaving, I was in the elevator and you know what I asked my parents?

   "Can we get Starbucks?" I asked.

   "Why would you want Starbucks at this time?" they asked.

   "My classroom has a large window and it overlooks a Starbucks. They don't let the kids have coffee, please mom", I begged.

   "Okay", she sighed.

   I cheered as I walked towards the car. I opened the back door which illuminated Frank and Mikey.

   "Surprise!" the yelled.

   "Oh my god, you don't know how much I missed you guys," I jumped into the car and hugged both of them.

   We talked about what happened in the short time I was absent and the night ended with Starbucks and a sleepover. When Frankie and I were the only ones left awake, I asked him an important question.

   "Frankie, did you mean it when you said you loved me?" I asked.

   "Well Gerard, I don't know what love is, but if it's the feeling I feel towards you, then yes," the nine year old said intellectually.

   That was very generalized but very deep too. I settled into my position on the uncomfortable ground and fell asleep next to my favorite person in the world.

   Frank Iero.