Gerards POV~ 9 years old

I picked up the phone and dialled the familiar number that I've dialled so many times before.

   "Hello?" the familiar voice of Frank sounded.

   "Hey Frankie, do you wanna go to the zoo with me?" I asked.

   "I don't wike zoos", Frank said, sounding a little off put.

   That's when I remembered that he was a vegetarian.

   "Oooooh, I'm sorry Frankie. How about the mooseum?" I asked.

   He sounded a little more excited this time.

   "Yeah shore, ill tell my mom and be over in a minute," he said joyfully.

    When Frank got to my house, I informed my mom on my change of heart and she was happy to oblige.

   Mikey was at Ray's house with Bob, so I stayed because Frank wouldn't have anyone to hang out with. Frank had to attend his cousins birthday party last night.

   This morning when I woke up I decided I wanted to go somewhere and bring Frank.

   We went to this museum of dinosaurs and it was awesome! Me and Frankie were holding hands, looking at the remaining bones of a velociraptor when this guy approached my mom.

   "Would you mind asking your gay sons to stop holding hands? I don't want my children to see that", the man looked disgusted.

   "What does gay mean?" Frank whispered into my ear.

   I shrugged and my mom got a defensive look.

   "I'm sorry, sir, do you and your wife hold hands?" my mom snapped.

   "Well, yeah, but tha-" the man was cut off my my raging mom.

   "How is that different? And, they're 9 and 6, do you think they're in a relationship right now?" my mom defended.

   The man began to speak again.

  He said "Well, ma'am I-".

  "Do you cut your hair?" my mom pointed at his short hair.

   He nodded.

   "Did you know that Leviticus also said that you shouldn't cut your hair? Do you know you're going against the law of God with every step you take? What happened to love thy neighbor? Huh? Have you ever been divorced? The bible said you shouldn't do that! How about you kind your own business, you scum", my mom made a huge scene.

   The man looked down, defeated, and walked away.

   "Mommy, what does gay mean?" I asked.

  "It's just a word to label a relationship because people don't realize that we're all human, and parts don't matter. Ever. You should love someone because you love them," my mom explained.

   I didn't get most of what she was saying, but to create the illusion that I understood, I said something.

   I said, "I think I love Frankie", I smiled and turned to hug him.

   My mom shot a glance at the guy who was whispering in his children's ears.

   I don't think I liked that guy.

   Sorry for the short chapter but I had to put something out. I'm so excited at how many people are reading this c: thanks for reading
Leigha