Franks POV- 7 years old

We were sitting in the cafeteria together. It was me, Bob, Mikey and Gerard.

   "Does anyone know where Ray is?" Bob asked.

   "Ray has a shadow, and he was showing him around. He'll be here in a little bit," Mikey said.

   A shadow was a person who thought about going to our school and their decision was based off of the person they were shadowing. That means the shadow would be with all of us next period in music.

   "Frank guess what?" Gerard asked.

   "What?" I giggled.

   "Your new hair cut is awesome," he smiled at me.

   His smile was so adorable, I can't stand it.

   "Awe thank you", I smiled.

   "Hey guys, this is Bert, he's my shadow for the day", Ray came up to our table. "Bert, this is Gerard, Frank, Mikey, and Bob".

   "Hi," Bert said timidly.

   He sat on the other side of Gerard, and Ray sat across from him.

   "So where did you move here from?" Mikey asked.

   "I came from Utah", he said.

   "Wow that's far," I said.

   "Were you born here?" Bert turned to Gerard and asked.

   Uhh, why was he exclusively asking Gee?

   "Umm, yeah all of us were except for Bob", Gerard pointed to Bob.

   "Uhh, so you like music?" I asked Bert.

   "Do you like music?" Bert asked Gerard.

   Gerard looked around, confused. He looked my dead in the eyes looking confused.

   "Yeah, how old are you?" Gerard asked.

   "I'm nine", Bert answered.

   "Cool", Gerard shuffled closer to me.

   "What're you doing?" I whispered to Gerard.

   "He keeps getting closer to me", Gerard said, almost indecipherable.

  Why?

   "How old are you Gerard? I'm nine", Bert said.

   Apparently Mikey saw the awkwardness and spoke up for him.

   "Me and Frank and seven, Bob is twelve, Ray is nine obviously, and Gee is eleven", he said.

   Bert looked annoyed at Mikey for answering.

   "I have to go to the bathroom", Gerard said swiftly before standing up and running to the boy's room.

   "I'll be right back", I excused.

   I went to the bathroom and found Gerard freaking out.

   "What's wrong Geraad", I still haven't gotten the hang of saying his name out loud.

   "I don't know, I just got claustrophobic really quickly," he said.

   "It's okay Geraad, I'm here for you", I smiled.

   We went back out and sat in our usual spot but Bert hadn't budged.

   "Hey, Gerard, can you hold this?" Bert held out his hand in a fist.

   "Uh sure", Gerard held out his palm, and Bert put his hand in his and grasped it.

   He wasn't holding anything, he just wanted to hold Gerard's hand.

  "Umm, are you guys ready to go to music?" Ray asked, uncomfortable.

   "Yup", I said really fast, getting up.

   Maybe Gerard liked Bert. I think I was jealous. I didn't date Gerard, but I know I'd do anything for him. And if that meant giving him up for Bert then I guess that's sort of okay.

   We all walked to music and Gerard was as close to me as possible.

   What was his problem?

   When we got in the room, the teacher told us to pick partners.

   I always chose Gerard, so I assumed I'd have to find someone else.

   I asked Brendon, but he was with Ryan. I asked Pete but he was with Patrick. I asked Andy but he was taken. Everyone was taken, why can't I find a partner? I eventually settled with Jaime, but soon came to find that Gerard was upset because he couldn't find a partner. Probably because Bert had to be with Ray.

   So he just did the music writing assignment alone. I felt really bad, but me and Jaime wrote a crossover between two songs that we wanted. It was called Bulletproof Disenchantment and it wasn't bad.

   I went about the rest of the day, sad that Gerard liked Bert. They held hands, that was the ultimate display of affection.

   At the end of the day I began to walk home without everyone else and Gerard ran for me to catch up.

   "Frank", he breathed heavily. "What... are y-... you do...ing?"

   "I'm going home", I shrugged.

   "W-why?" he looked upset. "Y-you... always wa.... walk home... with us".

    "Why don't you go help Bert unpack or something?" I was starting to get frustrated.

   "Why would I do that? I hate Bert," Gerard retched.

  "What? Why'd you hold his hand?" I asked, feeling bad.

   "Frankie, I don't like Bert. I tried to yank my hand away. I like someone else", his voice cracked on the second like.

   "Ooh, do tell", I was eager for the details.

   Gerard just kissed my cheek and giggled.

   "You're silly", he smiled.

   His smile was so adorable, I can't stand it.

   "Who is it", I begged. "I won't tell".

   "Frankie, you're such an airhead", he rolled his eyes and held my hand.

   My eyes bulged out of my head. I have to tell you a secret, but don't tell Gerard I know.

   I think Gerard likes me and someone else.