Gerard's POV- 16 years old

My heart pounded and I sweated nervously when I saw him. Frank. Absolute perfection. And I was going to ask him to the Valentine's Dance. It was a Saturday, but the dance was in six days so I need to hurry up and ask him out.

I wanted it to be extravagant, but I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. Mikey, Ray, and Bob didn't know that I was going to ask him to the dance. I lived in fear out of asking him. It was a girl's choice dance, but there wasn't a girl in our relationship... stupid school not realizing that there are some hella gay couples at this school.

I mean, think about it. There are probably more gay couples or closeted gay people than straight couples and straight people at this school. To start with simplicity, there's Pete and Patrick who date and Brendon and Ryan who have been flirting with eachother for years. Then you have Kellin and Vic, Jack and Alex, Andy and Ashley, Austin and Alan, and so many others, it was crazy.

But they were all going together, and here I was being a little baby about asking out someone I think I've liked before I could remember.

Frank seemed excited when I asked him to go to Starbucks with me. We were sitting in a booth together, sipping our festive Christmas themed coffees. Flavors like gingerbread and candy cane arose when you thought of Christmas seasonal flavors.

Frank seemed excited beyond reason as we sat there sipping at our coffee and conversing about anything and everything.

"So", Frank paused. "Next Friday is the Christmas dance".

He was smiling like an idiot. I used his tux measures from previous years, so my gift to him was to already have his tux. He hasn't grown. So I wasn't worried about time being a factor in this dance thing. I had plenty of time to worry about how I would ask him. Well, six days. I knew he wanted me to ask him. He's been shooting me hints since it was announced a month ago. But I was still stumped on how to ask.

"Yeah", I nodded. "Yeah."

Frank pursed his lips and looked down at his Egg Nog coffee thing. I felt guilty, but I had to make a show out of this. It showed that I cared in my own special way. When I dropped him off at his house, his mode had slowly dropped, leaving a disappointed Frank to trudge to his doorstep.

That's it. I'm planning how I'm doing this whether I stay up all night or not. By Monday it has to be ready.

I was determined to complete this to make a huge scene at school. I pulled into my driveway, right across from Frank's house and shot him a toothy smile before both of us retreated to the privacy of our own homes. Mikey met me at the door, smirking like an idiot.

"Well, who asked you to the dance", I laughed, not expecting his answer.

"Well, Ray did," he smiled.

My jaw dropped in amazement. I've never seen an attraction to be completely honest. Mikey was dating Emily.

"I know exactly what you're thinking", Mikey assured. "Because Emily got expelled she said it didn't matter to her if I went with someone else. It's not weird or awkward in any way."

"Okay," I laughed and ruffled his straightened hair. "Whatever makes you happy bro."

He rolled his eyes and fixed his hair into place whilst smirking like an idiot. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a box of unopened oreos and went up to my room to start planning. As I went upstairs, Mikey whined about how he wouldn't be able to eat any of the oreos if I took them to my room.