Frank's POV- 13 years old

"It'll be okay", Gerard chuckled.

He looked at me with those warm eyes of his. No, they're hot. They melt my insides like chocolate in the pocket of your skinny jeans.

I laid on the nurses cot with an uncomfortable itch on my black eye. I had plenty before, but Mikey could really pack a punch.

Gerard empathize and held my hand as I waited for the pain to pass. Honestly, the pain had passed long ago, but missing class to be with Gerard was literal heaven.

I wasn't angry over what happened. Honestly, I kind of thought it was hilarious. I giggled as I thought of the events that had brought me to the nurse's office with a black eye and a cute vibrant haired boy.

I grimaced at the pain laughing caused me.

Oh. You want me to tell you how I got this shiner? Well Geesus, why didn't you just say so?

It all began after lunch. Me and Gerard were "platonically" walking hand in hand down the hall with Mikey and his girlfriend Emily tacked on. They were holding hands too, being the awkward penguins that they are.

Did you know penguins don't have knees?

Like, how do you bend your legs without knees? What does not having knees befi- oh right. The story, sorry.

Anyways, we were walking when Jason approached us followed by his little brother and some kid with terrible acne and a greasy face.

"Ew, it's the fag, his lover, and his awkward kneed brother. Oh, who do we have here?" Jason flaunted.

"Wait, who's smoking?" Gerard perked his head up and looked around the hallway.

When he found no one smoking, he shrugged and continued to walk past Jason and his wimp ass posse.

"What do you mean", Jason's sidekick said, oblivious to the fact that a fag was a British cigarette.

I decided to play along with Gerard's charade and so did Mikey, but Emily seemed just as oblivious and kept her mouth shut.

"I do like to smoke me some fags", I nodded at Gerard, smiling. "Don't you?"

"Oh dear, I hate the smell of fags", Mikey crinkled his nose for effect.

"I don't like people who throw their fags out their car windows. Like come on, stop littering", Gerard faked disappointment.

"Are you implying that fags like you are trash", Jason cracked his knuckles.

A passing student and fellow friend, Brendon Urie, intervened on the way to his next class.

"You're not trash. You're treasure", he smiled.

And then he just carried on to his next class. He was goals to be completely honest.

"What's going on?" Emily asked.

"Oh. Back to your emo sidekick", Jason turned to the short, skinny girl.

Emily looked harmless, but big things come in small packages. She was fierce. She was fast. She was a slut for Doritos.

"Emo?" Emily sneered. "How am I, a human being, a genre of music?"

"I don't even know what a genre is, but it sounds dumb", Jason's brother crossed his arms.

"Mikey, do something. They're bullying your girlfriend", I urged him.

"Hey Jason, if I give you a blow job will you leave us alone?" Gerard asked.

I know he was doing it to turn the attention away from poor Emily. What a sweetheart.

It seemed that Jason and his colleagues heard nothing, because they continued to hurl insults at Emily.

Mikey was too awkward to do anything about it, so I decided to help.

"Emily, you're the ugliest girl I've ever seen", Jason taunted.

"Uhm, excuse me?" I said. "Ugly girls are like unicorns. They don't exist".

"What the fuck did you just say?" Mikey snarled, facing me.

"Oh, you've done it now," Gerard muttered, taking a step back.

"What?" I looked at Gerard and back at Mikey but before I could process Mikey, I got a face full of fist.

Mikey literally just punched me. But over what??

Now, back to the present. Mikey didn't apologize until we finally got home from school that day and Gerard and I were playing zombies.

But I'll never forget the day that Mikey Way punched me over defending his girlfriend.