Frank's POV- 12 years old

"Hey faggots", I greeted, coming up into our tree-house. 

Whatever conversation they were having completely stopped when I got up there, and they all just sat there and stared at me. 

"Hey, you're the faggot", Ray laughed.

I hoped he was joking. Did he know that I had a tiny crush on Gerard? There's no possible way! I never do anything that would show any evidence of distinct crushing towards Gee. 

"Uh, Frank?" Gerard snapped me out of my staring spell.

Yes, I was staring at Gerard. So what, it was quite obvious. They couldn't prove anything. Could they?

"What?" I snapped, accidentally sounding hostile. 

"We were just making plans about taking over the rival tree-houses," Bob butt in. 

Let me fill you in. We all play a pretend game with some of our other friends where we invade tree-houses and take their "resources" (candy, toys, snack packs, and best of all- CAPRI SUNS). Our rivals called themselves Panic! At The Tree-house and Fall Out Tree-house. We were My Chemical Tree-house and we were by far the best tree-house. How could we not be? We were the oldest. 

Anyways, today was supposed to be a "renovation" of the tree-house, and I reminded them about that.

We were pretty much just going to re-paint the walls with our drawing and such and then maybe beg one of our moms to get a cool new rug or something. We already had two love seats jammed in the spacious tree-house that Ray's MOM built. I mean, screw gender roles. His MOM built this entire thing with just a bit of help from the five of us. 

She did such an amazing job, too! 

Anyways, Gerard said he had to go and grab his supplies. His house was only a few blocks away. We built the tree-house in Ray's backyard because he had the most space and he was relatively close to the school.

The only reason I was late was because I had to stay after school and do some makeup work. 

Gerard left with his brother to retrieve all of his things and promised to be back in a few minutes. 

"So are you excited about leaving middle school soon, Bob?" Ray asked him.

"Yeah, I'm glad I finally get to graduate up to high school", Bob shrugged.

"Wait, so you're saying next school year, Gerard will be in the high school?" I clarified.

Ray nodded his head.

How did I not know? It was so obvious. There are no ninth graders in the middle school. What the heck.

"Oh", my voice cracked. 

"Yeah, he's gonna be with the weirdo big kids. It's okay, I'll protect him", Bob flashed his "muscles".

"Bob, you couldn't wrestle a teddy bear even if it insulted your mom", I made up the most savage comeback.

At least at the time, it was pretty savage.

"Oh dang", Ray laughed. "Roasted". 

"Wow, I was just trying to comfort you", Bob brushed the insult off his shoulder. 

Him and Ray continued to talk while I thought of how Gerard was leaving me. I was leaning towards angry thoughts, but then they'd turn sad. Then angry again and so on.

He's leaving you, now you don't have a chance.

At least he gets to hang out with people his age.