Epilogue

Epilogue

Sang Pov

Three Weeks Later

As I walk through our old home, the memories flood my mind as it's still the same after 2 years. The only change that has been made was to my room and that was because Emily was here for two weeks.

I can't pass over because my family have not completely let me go. I have visited them in their dreams, awake and sleeping, giving them my blessing.

Walking into the entryway I saw Victor walking through the front door with a large bouquet of my favorite red roses saying to Nathan "It's unusually cool this morning. I will be glad when it warms up today."

"I am just glad it stop raining yesterday morning. I thought we would have to get a boat and row over there today." Nathan replied.

"I didn't want to go in the rain." Silas grumbled as he stood looking at my picture on the mantlepiece.

"I know. I can melt in the rain." Luke sang, coming out of the kitchen trying to lighten the mood.

"Well stop eating so much damn sugar, Luke, and you would not have that problem." North bellowed as he came down the stairs.

"Enough!" Owen barked. "Our car just arrived, so let's go gentlemen."

I shake my head at them as they all gathered their coats and got into the car. I decide to sit on Silas's lap. He shivered and talked about how cold he suddenly felt. He does not know it's me he feels. It's times like these I wish I could touch them and let them know it will all work out.

They are all lost in their own thoughts as they head to their destination. Gabe is remembering the painting I posed for him for when I turned 18. Sean is thinking about the last time I was his nurse and Nathan is reflecting on when I told him I loved him the first time. Kota is remembering when he first met me, while North is thinking about our time at the beach as he rubbed the tattoo on his chest while in thought. Luke is dreaming about us gorging on Halloween candy while North was on a mission. Victor is thinking about holding me in his arms while he hummed My Princess to me in the hospital. Silas is smiling remembering when he taught me how to hit a baseball and how my butt looked in the pants, and Owen is remembering our last family outing.

They are so lost in their thoughts, they do not realize they have reached their destination until the driver opened the door.

I got out and saw the Toma Team walking back to their Suburban. Phil, Annie, and Emily were saying their departing prayers.

Making my way over, I heard Emily whisper she was sorry she had failed me before, but she promised to love and take care of the guys.

As they were leaving, they spotted my family. Greeting each other quietly, Emily then told them she would see them later at her place. They all agreed sombrely and walked over to my final resting place.

Making a circle around my grave Owen bent over to wipe the dirt that had settled on my head stone. As they placed the roses next to it, they each took a moment to tell me their feelings, and what been going on with them over the past couple of months, and they told me about their feelings for Emily.

Giving me a final goodbye they turned to see Emily leaning against their car. Approaching her Owen asked her why she was still here.

Emily answered that she wanted all of them to do something I used to like to do.

Sean said I loved it when the guys were all together relaxing and having fun. Nathan said I liked swimming and having barbecues in his backyard by the pool.

Emily suggested they have a fun afternoon at my favorite park or her backyard to celebrate my life so today would not be a sad day.

They all agreed to do exactly that at her place and smiling softly they made arrangements to just that. While they were back at Owen's home collecting their belongings, Owen received a call advising the house had sold and the new owners wanted to move in as soon as possible. He said they could move into the house in a week since most of their things were at their new home with Emily. He also agreed to leave the furniture that had remained there so the new home owners can have it with the home purchase.

On their way to Emily's, Owen told everyone the good news and they were both happy and sad that our home had sold.

I enjoyed watching Sean and Owen at the grill; watching Gabe, Luke, Silas and North playing games while Emily, Nathan, Kota, and Victor swam. I was glad Owen had asked her to stay with them until her home was complete. They seemed much happier with her in their lives.

Watching them draw closer as a family, I enjoyed her reaction when she arrived at the estate and saw them waiting outside to welcome her home.

I remembered I had found their expressions priceless when they realized she was the property owner. My heart warmed when she asked them to move in with her, and told them about the plans she had for the property which included them if they wanted.

Watching them debate back and forth about moving in and selling our old home had been heart breaking. Thank goodness I had been able to connect to a couple of them in their dreams to reassure them know I would be happy about it and they should do it.

As I look around I know I am happy and relieved they are accepting Emily and their future with her.

I watch Kota and Nathan fetch a cooler from Emily's new pickup truck. I can feel the last of the bonds holding me here breaking and I am almost free to move on.

As Kota and Nathan walked back to the pool area, I appeared to them before they turned the corner to enter her back garden. They called out to me in question and wonder. I nod telling them it was me, but I did not have much time.

I needed them to know I could now rest in peace knowing they are loved, cared for and so very happy they had moved on. I told them good bye and disappear.

Kota and Nathan hurried back and tell everyone what happened to them. Everyone explained how they thought they had seen and felt me at some point that day.

They all looked up and smiled, thanking me for bringing them together. They each took a drink from the cooler and made a toast to Moving On and New Beginnings as I crossed over in peace knowing they would have their happy every after.