Chapter 43-Gabe's Dream

Gabe Pov

I opened the door to her room and her night light illuminated the room in a soft light. The room is a cream color and one wall is all brick. There is a sitting area with an old, worn out, pale yellow chaise lounge that has a multicolor throw folded over the side, with a small book case on the side doubling as a side table. 

On top of the bookcase is a coaster, her tablet and note pad with a pen. To the right there is a walk in closet with glass panels in the door. There is another door on the other side of the room which must be the bathroom. There are night stands on each side of the bed. From what I can see, it looks plain and I make a note to update this room. It does not fit her personality at all. 

Emily has a California King Bed that is right in the center. The wall facing street is a wall of glass looking outside. She has her curtains closed. I took off my clothes leaving on my boxers and my shirt and climbed into bed with her. 

I curled up behind her and placed my arm around her waist. Emily stiffened for a moment and then relaxed into me before she whispered good night to me. I tell her good night and drift off to sleep smelling her scent of sunshine. I know I am dreaming because I am now standing outside of Sangs hospital room. I knock on her door and I can her say:

"Gabriel, come in." Sang called softly.

As I walked into the room, I start to hear the beeping of the machines and I rub the three back studs I have in my ear. Sang has her arms stretched out to me. In three strides I am at her bed bending over to give her a hug.

"Trouble, Sang, Why the fuck won't you fight? It's just a tumor and you know Doc and Dr. Roberts will make you better. We don't give a flying fuck if you have one leg, one arm, or how the fuck you look. You are ours and we love you."

"Gabriel, I don't want that life and the risk is too great. If I am going to pass, I want it on my terms."

"But I don't want you to go. I need you here with me. You are my muse. You are my inspiration and you make this world better."

"Do you remember the first time I tried to draw and paint? Do you remember what you told me?"

"Yeah."

"What did you say?"

"That it was a unique interpretation of flowers, and that I wanted it for my room. I told you that you could have mine because I did not like it."

"I took yours because it was beautiful to me. You saw your flaws and I thought it was perfect. You saw my flaws and liked it right off the bat. Gabriel, that is one reason why I love you so much. You accept me, and make me feel beautiful. You were the first guy ever to make me feel beautiful inside and out. I don't know if you realize how much you impacted me."

"You washed my hair and was in awe of how pretty it was. You always made sure I looked my best not just for you, but for the whole family. No one ever paid attention to me like you do. You were right by my side when I found out the life I was living and what I thought I knew was a lie."

"When I was too stubborn to leave out the bathroom window with you, you came in with me. When I was in front of you naked, you did not take advantage or look at me with disgust, you gave me your shirt to put on. You have always been like a gust of fresh air to me just when I needed it."

"Gabriel, you are talented, crazy smart and have your own unique view of the world. I don't want that to change. Those are the things I love about you the most. I know this is really hard for you due to your family, but just know I love you and I will always be with you."

"Trouble, Sang, I love you. I don't have room for another stud on my ear. Please stay with me."

"Meanie, Gabriel, I don't want you to get another black stud. I will be with you always. Trust me, I know this."

As she hugged me again, She said I made her feel beautiful and special. She made me feel special. She was the first person to accept me for me. She did not think I was gay or tease me about my fashion, my hair. I am determined to make sure she looks her best until the very end. I notice her hair is all matted from being in the bed and I just hate the awful hospital gown that did nothing for her.

"Trouble, you are going to live up to your name in the end. I can't stand this mess of hair and this gown is hideous. I need to wash you hair and change your clothes. I will have to talk to Dr. Roberts to see if I can do that. I can't have you meeting the Angels looking like this. I will make sure you look so beautiful when we are all together the last time."

She smiled at me and said "Thanks Meanie. Let me know what he says. I would love for you to do that."

Now I have a mission to complete for Sang and I will make sure she has her last wish from me granted. As I turned to head out the room, I saw the sun rays coming through the window and illuminate Sang. She is just glowing. I took my phone out and snap a picture. Luke would be proud of me, but I want to remember her in this moment.

"Gabe, Gabe."

"Yes Sang. Why so you sound different."

"Gabe. Gabe!"

I feel myself being shaken. I crack one eye open and see Sang leaning over me. Groaning, I say: "Trouble, it's too early to get up. Let's go back to sleep."

I hear giggles, but it does not sound like Sang, but it makes me feel good and smile. I slowly open my eyes and it's not Sang I see, but Emily leaning over me. The sun is shining behind her dark hair which made it seem like it was glowing in the sun. Her face is bright and her eyes are holding me captive. She is smiling down at me and I swear, the room became brighter and the room got warmer. I knew I was keeping that smile on her face.

"Good Morning Gabe. Not sure who Trouble is, but if they make you smile like this, then I like them already." she said smiling.

Smiling back I murmur quietly "Good Morning Sunshine, and don't worry about Trouble."

Emily moved back and sat on the side of the bed saying: "It's time to get up. Silas will be here in 30 minutes. I made chicken, waffles and eggs for breakfast and Nathan, Victor and Sean said to get some before Silas gets here. I'm excited to get going."

"Alright, let me get up and get going, so I can eat before the big Greek get here and eats it all."

She just giggled and headed out the door. I shake my head and got up. I can tell this is going to be a fun day.