Chapter 6- Let's Get Down to Business

Emily Pov

As we walk into the conference room, I said "Please help yourselves to something to drink and to eat at the side table.”

“Oh yeah, Emily has one of those single serve coffee makers. I like you already," Sean says smiling. 

“Its easier to have people make an individual cup than make a whole pot of coffee.”

“Emily, Where did you get your china from? It has the colors of our family in it and I would like to purchase a set.” Victor asked showing it to Gabe.

“Yeah Emily, I like how its a bone white with a thin swirl of each color. It looks like something I would do.”

“They were given to me as a gift. Those are my favorite colors and it describes me perfectly. Simple, elegant, fun, and unique.” 

As they come to the table with plates of fruit and drinks, I say “I am not sure if Phil told you or not, but I like to plan custom birthday parties and celebrations. All he told me was that the birthday party was for Luke and he is a family member. I am going to ask you some questions to see what you would like to do and then I will ask some questions about Luke.”

“Will this party be for family and friends or just your group?"

“Just close family and friends” said Sean.

"How may people are you planning to invite Sean, and will there be any children?"

“30-35 adults at the most. No little children.”

“Mr. Blackbourne, when is his birthday, when would you like to celebrate it, and what time would you like it to start?”

“Mr. Taylor's birthday is March 7th. We would like to have an evening party starting at 7pm on that day."

“Is he competitive and does he like team or outdoor activities?”

“He is competitive. He likes obstacle courses, running, climbing, crawling, that sort of thing.” says Gabe.

"Ok. Does he have a favorite color?"

“Baby Blue” North said.

“Does he like to dance or go to a club?"

“Yes, and boy can he dance” says Gabe laughing.

“What type of music does he like?”

“Pop, Rock, R&B, Country, and Jazz.” says Victor.

“What are some of his favorite foods, Gabe and Victor?”

“Pizza and taco's” comes from Victor.

“Anything with chocolate, chicken wings and pasta” Gabe says.

"Anything sweet." chimes in Sean.

“Alright, is there anything he does not care for guys?”

North nodded, saying simply "Anything healthy,” which made us all laugh, except Mr. Blackbourne who simply lifted the side of his mouth upward a little. It was so small, if I had not been looking at him already, I would have missed it.

Smiling, I said "Ok, so nothing healthy." 

"Are there any colors or anything that you do not want there?"

“Nothing Pink, taco soup and cowboy stew” North admitted.

“Ok, any reason for that?”

“Mr. Taylor girlfriend passed a month after his birthday and those are things that remind him of her.” says Mr. Blackbourne says. A shadow of pain went across his face before he could hide it.