Chapter 44-Morning Meeting

Dr. Roberts Pov

I just received a text from Alec saying we need to meet right away, and that he was on his way. I hit number 9 on my cell phone and he answered on the second ring.

"Mr. Blackbourne speaking!"

"Always formal Owen. You and Sean need to come to my office right away. Alec is on his way and should be here soon. I want you here so you will know what's going on. I also need to talk to you about what Mr and Mrs X told me, but we will talk about that after Alec leaves." Axel is here already, so he will be here as well. When you get here, come straight to my office." 

"Alright, Sean and I are already out and will be there in 10 minutes."

Turning to the nurse at the station, I told her I was going to my office and to call me if there was an emergency. As Axel and I entered the elevator, he ask

"How is it Emily doing with the guys?"

"It's going slow, but they just met a few days ago, and she is opening up to them. I'm surprised she has not put North into the ground. He always says something to her to set her off."

"He has always been that way. I remember how he was with Sang. He just likes to keep everyone safe and close. They will work out alright. I have no doubt she will make sure of it. She can handle herself and North I'm sure." he stated as we left the elevator and walked to my office.

I opened my office door and stop. Before I can say anything, Axel is in front of me with his weapon drawn and aimed at the person sitting in my office. He looked up and started laughing, as he put his weapon in his holster walking to take a seat at the table. I looked up and Alec was sitting in the chair at the table.

"Alec, I told you about sneaking into my office." I scolded him, but I think my smile gave me away.

He looked up and smiled saying "Sorry Phil, I need to keep my skills sharp."

"One of these days Alec, one of these days." I retorted and shook my head. Just as I sat down, Sean and Owen walk into the office with bags of food and coffee.

"Good Morning you too." I say to them.

"Good Morning Dr. Roberts, Axel, Alec." Owen nodded.

"Good Morning everyone." Sean smiled.

"Morning." Alec returned.

"Morning to you all. Thanks for breakfast. I am hungry." Axel stated as they approached the table.

"Well, let's get our food so we can get started."

As Owen handed out the sandwiches he spoke "Alec, we were not sure what you would like so we got you a couple of different sandwiches and black coffee."

"You just don't strike me as a man who liked a lot of cream and sugar in your coffee." Sean said.

"You are correct, Sean." Alec spoke quietly. I can see he is trying to let them in as well.

"Alright Alec, tell us what you found out."

"He has a business partner and they are selling synthetic drugs. He has come to back for Emily and I. He thinks with the both of us helping him, he can build his business back and make his partner happy. He wants Emily as his lover and partner. He wants me as his other partner and to lead up his enforcers/assassins." Alec growled.

"That's not happening Alec. I will use every favor I have to keep you two safe. You are both like my kids. I will die before either one of you go back to him." I told him firmly.

"Shit, this worse than I thought. We just finished cleaning up one drug problem, just to have to deal with another one. Do you know who his partner is?" asked Axel.

"I don't know who the partner is and neither did he. I know the synthetic drug business is booming. It's cheap to make and you sell it for twice what it cost to make it. Your customers are addicted immediately so you have an immediate base and its mostly young people who have a disposal income. He is desperate to show is still viable and he has to payback is investors."

"I still don't understand why he wants you two back. Why would he need or want you two to have anything to do with his new business?" Sean asked.

"Emily and I working together with him made him an unstoppable force. I was his muscle and intelligence while she was the brains and beauty. We did the work and he got all the credit. From the time Emily passed her "trial period" and came to work with him on the business until he got busted, his income went up by 25 percent each year. With me overseeing his enforcers and assassins, my team and I either backed up his threats or took care of anyone who was a threat."

"Think about this, in three years, we made his income go up by 75 percent and nobody dared mess with him or his business, because they knew they would be taken out or their family harmed."

"I see. It sounds like he wants the power and control, without doing the work. Also, seems he is desperate and desperate people do drastic things." Owen spoke thoughtfully.

"Exactly. That is why I am worried about Emily."

"I understand and we are as well. Alec, we have set up a rotation for Emily, to make sure she is either with someone or someone is watching her at all times. We have you in the rotation. Here is a copy of the schedule. If you wish to make any changes, please let me know." Owen said as he passed him a piece of paper.

Alec took the paper saying "Thanks for keeping me involved. I know her parents could give a rat's ass about me, but she is my little sister and I want her protected. If there is anything that you or your team need, let me know." Alec said as he gave Owen, Sean and Axel one of his cards. 

I was proud of him opening up to them.

"Thanks Alec. They will need it, as the Blackbourne team will be taking on some additional assignments and will need the help."

"No problem. I have to leave now. It's time for training with Emily. See you guys later."

Farewells were exchanged as he walked out the door. Once it closed, I turned back to the men at the table. "Alright, let's come up with a plan to take him and his partner down. Permanently this time."