Chapter 71-Gods, Goddesses, and Warriors

Silas Pov

As we were eating and talking Dr. Roberts and his wife came to our table. It's funny seeing him dressed as Zeus and his wife as Hera.

"So, have you gentlemen seen my daughter yet?" he asked.

'Phil, stop! Don't ruin the surprise." smiled Mrs. Roberts as she looked at us. "May we sit here with you?"

"Of course" stated Doc rising to hold a chair for her. "Have a seat."

"So what do you all think of the reception?" she questioned after taking a bite out of her Lahanodolmades.

"I think Emily did an excellent job getting this set up today. Even without my help." smiled Gabe

"I think you and Emily did an excellent job planning this Gabe. Especially since how her birth mother and Carmen were making all the last minute changes. They can be such a pain in the ass sometimes."

"Annie!" Dr. Roberts shot out, looking at his wife as he picked up his wine glass. I have a feeling he is trying to hid his smile.

"Well tell us how you really fell Annie. Oh, wait, I think you just did." states Sean

We all start laughing and she just rolls her eyes and crosses her arms making a cute humming noise. She looks at us "What? We all know it's true. I am just the only one bold enough to say it. I never really cared for them."

I see something red and the top of a spear with a red sheer material flowing under the point moving our way. I nudge North and tilt my head towards the spear. He turns, spots it and nods letting me know he sees it as well. As it got closer, I see red hair in the shape of a Mohawk that is on top a Greek warrior's helmet. All of a sudden, people part and standing before me is Emily dressed as Athena. She is wearing a long white airy dress with gold and red beading around the waist. The dress has a split on the right side of the dress that shows off gold gladiator sandals that go around her legs and up to her knees. The front of the sandals have gold swiggles across the toes and up the front of her legs. Her hair is straight and curled on the ends and her eyes are gray. Her gold shield is on her right arm facing me with the head of Medusa on it and in her left hand is her spear. I thought she looked like Aphrodite, but I was wrong. She is Athena reincarnate. The table grows quiet as she approaches me so I know I am not the only one speechless. I see the material flow from behind her as she walks up to me.

"How do I look Silas? Did I pull off Athena correctly? I always pictured her this way." She asked nervously, as she looks down at herself. I am speechless. I let my eyes roam from her feet to the top of her head. When she looks back at me with those sexy as hell gray eyes, she looks sad and takes a couple of steps back from me. I immediately felt the loss.

"I didn't do it right did I? Nuts. Ok, well I have another one I can change into. The other one is my interpretation of her warrior outfit. Maybe that one will be alright." She mistakes my silence as my being unhappy or her costume as not correct which is not the case. I got up, walk to stand right in front of her, take her right hand and bring it up to my mouth and gently kiss the back of her hand. Looking in her now smoky gray eyes, I tell her "You look perfect. I thought you were Athena approaching me. I would love to see you in your warrior costume, but that will have to be for my eyes only Goddess. I may be strong, but I wish not to fight tonight to protect you unless it is necessary." Her eyes are shining as she looks up to me smiling and blushing.

"Thank you... I will hold you to that when you stay with me again." she says as she steps back and her eyes wander from my head to my feet. Her eyes stop at my chest and I hear her say under her breath 'Damn, he is cut and solid.' I can't help but stick my chest out a little more as she continues to check me out. She looks back up at my eyes and raised her eyebrow at me saying "Hercules?"