Chapter 30-Nightmare

Emily Pov

"NO....STOP, PLEASE, I WON'T SAY A WORD, I PROMISE...NO ....NOOOO!!!!" I shout as I sit up in bed. I can still feel their hands holding me down as I shake uncontrollably. Sweat has my pajamas clinging to my skin and in a panic I jump out of bed to make sure no one is in my apartment and my front door is locked. Heart started barking as I ran down the hallway. As I get to the kitchen I hear two doors open and footsteps behind me. I panicked and reach for the two throwing stars under the island. I turn and throw them at the two men running towards me. I hear them grunt as I run into the living room to grab my yellow Cobra C22 Derringer yelling stay away from me.

"Emily!" I turn around and see Owen, with his hands up blocking my view of the hall way. "It's alright, Emily. You're safe." Just then I remember I am not alone in my apartment and the Blackbourne Team is here.

Damien and his team does not know I'm here. No one but my parents, Phil, Corey and now the Blackbourne team knows I am here. Owen lowers his hands and he looks like he is going to put a world of hurt on me. He stalks over to me and I back up into the corner shaking uncontrollably. Out of habit, I immediately turn into the corner, drop, and curl up in a ball, waiting on the blows to start coming. I waited and waited, but none came. "Emily" Owen calls my name a lot softer and I look up at him. "I am not going to hit you or do anything to you." He reaches out to me with his palm up. "I am just going to help you up." he says.

Feeling foolish and embarrassed, I nod and reach out for his hand. I know I will not be able to play this down. As I get up I see North holding his thigh and Nathan holding his arm as Sean is looking at them. "Did I hit you two with my throwing stars? Oh my goodness, I am so sorry guys. Oh, Let me help."

"No Emily. You stay here with me." says Owen as he leads me to the couch. I start crying because I just assaulted the people that are suppose to help me because of my fears. Owen just rubs my back and then someone sits next to me on the couch. I look up into Silas' eyes and I cry harder. "I am so sorry I hurt you guys. Please forgive me. I would not do that on purpose. Please believe me." Silas reaches over and pulls me to him as Owen gets up. Silas gives me a hug. Oh, I needed this. I wrap my arms around him and hug him back. He whispers encouraging sounds as I cry on his shirt. I say to him, "I need to take Heart outside."

"No, you don't. One of us will do it." Pulling me closer to his chest and wrapping his arms around me he turns and yells, "Luke, will you take Heart outside for Emily?"

"Sure." says Luke.

" I'll go with you" says Gabe as Luke goes and grabs the leash that is on the wall by the back door. Heart comes over to me and puts his head in my lap. I rub it and tell him "It's ok. They are going to take you out, and then you will come back to me." He licks my hand and then looks up at Silas giving him as look that says 'watch her, I will be back' and walks over to Luke. I smile as he has always been protective of me and he already knows who is who.

"Want to tell me what has you so upset Goddess?" asked Silas. I feel someone come and sit next to me and I look up and see Sean smiling at me. I look back down at my clasped hands and say softly. "I relived a bad experience and I guess I was still in dream fog. I feel so bad. I understand if you guys want to leave and not come back."