Chapter 90-Leaving Us

North Pov

Baby Girl left us. She fucking left.

"Gentlemen. Let's go inside. We need to figure out what we are going to do before we go to the party tonight."

"No offense Owen. But I don't feel like going to a party." Sean stated clearly.

"I understand. However, we promised Dr. Roberts and Annie we would be there to support them and that's what we are doing." Owen stated in that certain voice that leaves no room for arguing.

We all head inside, a place that now feels cold and lonely again.

"It's amazing how Emily brought energy to this place."

"Now you know why I call her Sunshine."

"Hey, she left a note." Luke yelled as he ran back down the stairs.

"What the fuck does it say?"

"Before we read it, let's sit down. I want us to be comfortable when we hear it."

As we head back into the living room, I am trying my best to get my anger to subside. I just want to punch something.

"Alright Luke, Please read the letter."

"To the nine loves of my life,

When I was unconsciousness, I had what I thought was a dream. I was holding a bunch of sunflowers. The field was green and lush, the lake clear as crystal. The sun was shining and sky an azure blue with white clouds. To the right were mountains and I felt so relaxed.

As I looked out across the lake admiring the beauty I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw a woman standing there. She had green eyes, long blond hair that changed color as the sun reflected off it and she was smiling at me.

She told me she was the angel for the Blackbourne Team. That she watches over you and when she saw you with me at the first meeting, I knew I was the one for you.

Your Angel went on to tell me that when your bird passed away, you were devastated because you did not understand why she chose to die. What you all did not know was that when you get ready to pass, you find a type of clarity that is not on this earth and it's hard to put into words.

She said bad things happen to good people and she knew her time was up, but she did not want you to give up on love and yourselves. She watched you suffer and work yourselves to the bone.

When Phil prayed for healing and for you to learn to love life again, she was able to step in. Then you met me, and she knew we were right for each other. She said she was trying to get you to see that, and appeared to you in dreams and visions.

I told her I did not think you would want me because of my past. She told me it was what you have gone through and your love for her that would be the obstacle.

She asked me the hard questions. Are you worth fighting for? Do I want to be with you?

I told her yes and she told me I must go back and to fight for you.

I know you all love her and she certainly loved every one of you back. I believe she was a great woman from what you all have told me. I don't want to compete with her and I don't want you to ever forget her. She was an essential part of your lives and I think it would be wrong to try to deny at.

However, also think it's wrong to stay in the past and not move forward. I want to be with all of you and each of you have a piece of my heart.

I thought you all felt the same way, but now, I am not so sure. I have been fighting for us since the beginning. Everything I have done has been to be with you.

When I came to the murder room and saw some of you there, I went with Damien so you would not be killed. I knew Arlo was watching from the cameras and I also knew he owed me a favor. I was glad then I had a backup plan in case something happened. I meant what I said that day.

You have shown me by your actions for the past two weeks that you are not sure if you all want a relationship with me. I have tried to talk to you separately and together to no avail. I have said many times, I will not break this team apart and that is what is happening. I cannot and will not let that happen.

It's time for you to decide what you want to do. I can only be told no so many times and I have heard and seen you tell me now both verbally and nonverbally. I am giving you the space and time to decide what you want. You have until the end of Luke's Birthday party. If you have not decided by then when you arrive back at Uncle's house the next morning, I will walk away and leave you be.

Emily,

P.S.

I am doing Luke's party next Saturday so no worries there. Everything will go on as planned. Don't forget to bring your change of clothes so I can take them to the hotel while you are at Luke's Fun House for his birthday.

P.S.S.

After writing this, I noticed the picture on the mantle. The angel in my vision is the woman on the mantle holding the birthday cake. I can't fight you and win over the love you had for her. Nor would I ever want to. I can only fight for what I know we can have. You don't have to choose her or me. I never wanted to replace anyone. I just wanted a space of my own in your hearts.

Luke set the letter down on the table and we are all silent. Glancing around the room I see my brothers have the same look on their faces. Everyone is shocked, scared, and unsure what to feel right now. Emily just dropped a bomb on us and gave us a perspective I had never thought about. The anger I felt earlier has dissipated and all that is left is emptiness.

Breaking the silence, Owen clears his throat and pushed his glasses up his face "Well gentlemen, it appears that we have a decision to make before next week. Let's get ready for tonight and we will deal with this tomorrow."

We all agree and head upstairs to change as we all have a lot to think about.