Chapter 25-I Got The Job

Emily Pov

Oh, he smells so good. Just like sugar. He could hug me all day and he is solid. Wait! he said I got the job.

"Yes! Thank you for putting your trust in me to make a perfect celebration for you Luke. You won't regret it. I will start on it this week."

"I know I won't" he replied.

"Sunshine, you still owe me my truth or dare game. Don't think I forgot." Gabe grinned.

"Um Gabe, can we play Never Have I Ever instead?"

"Sure."

"Thanks Gabe. I will just go get the last of the soda and tea."

"Miss Sway, before you go to get the drinks, we need to have a family meeting with you to discuss us protecting you." Mr. Blackbourne said.

The happiness and bravery I just felt disappeared. I think Heart sensed my apprehension, as he got up from North and Silas and came over to me. I bend over and rub his head and back. Time to pull up my big girl boots, I thought to myself.

"Alright, but if we are going to have this conversation, I think we need to go upstairs. If you guys can give me a minute to lock up downstairs, I will show you up to my living room and where you can put your things."

Mr. Blackbourne nods and I go lock up the front door. As I lock the dead bolts on the front door, lightning flashes. I thought I saw a figure standing outside across the street. I open the door and look across the street. The hair on my neck stands up and I feel like someone is watching me. When lightning flashes again, I don't see anyone. I guess it's just my nerves messing with me. I go turn and go back in, locking the dead bolt and the bottom lock. I turn on the alarm and walk back in to the presentation room and they all stop talking and turn to me.

"Alright guys follow me."