Chapter 37-Will They Accept Me?

Sean Pov

As I watched, Dr. Roberts walked down to the guest room and close the door. He is so tense and I know he is pissed when he slams the door closed. As soon as the door shut North and Victor jumped up and walked out the back door. Silas and Kota went out after them.

"What the Fuck! This is the some bullshit! Why is this sick, twisted, demented, assmonkey out of jail?" Gabe shouted.

"I don't know, but if I ever see him, I will beat the shit out of him. See how he likes it." Nathan replied.

"Not if I get my hands on him first" Victor said as they walked back inside.

"I don't understand how someone can do that to a young girl." Luke replied.

"I just don't understand human trafficking period. You make a living off of selling people to other people like they are property. Fuck their family or what may happen to them. I just want the money. That is a sick twisted idea." Gabe yelled.

"Why the hell did she stay. I don't get it. She could have left or tried to get help. Why stay?" asked Silas. The rest of the guys nod their heads.

"I can't believe she felt like she was a dirty little secret. Makes me think about Mr and Mrs X differently." North growled.

"Yeah, they look like a bunch of hypocrites. How do you preach family first, but neglect your own family." Kota spoke up.

"For Emily, it's like being close, yet so far away. Just see it from her perspective. Going to school and seeing everyone else talk about their mom and dad, see them at school, see them showing affection, hear about them going to work with them, but you don't get that from your own parents. I can understand why she felt that way" Owen said.

"What has me confused is, her parents said he was convicted of first degree sexual abuse, aggravated child abuse and human trafficking. They did not mention drugs, but you notice how they said the word "drugs". Something is not adding up and I am going to ask Dr. Roberts." Kota stated.

I was thinking the same thing so I nodded my head "Kota, I think you're on to something. Let me ask him because it will be better if I ask him than you."

"We all have questions gentlemen, and we will ask her when she gets back. What I suggest is we we get and then keep ourselves under control until after our questions are answered." Owen demanded while looking at North, Victor, Nathan and Silas. We do not want her to close herself off to us. We need more information before we can protect her."

Just then Dr. Roberts came out of the bedroom and back to the living room. He sat down on the couch and rubbed his hand down his face as he exhaled. He looked exhausted but had calmed down a bit.

"Dr. Roberts, we have a question that we want to bring up before they get back. You guys mentioned drugs in your stories, but he was not convicted of drug charges. Can you help us to understand where the drugs fit into this story. It does not make sense." I asked.

"Damien started off dealing drugs. When he moved into human trafficking, he still used drug names to categorize the people. He was introduced to human trafficking from a Japanese supplier of his drugs. Since he was already in the drug business, he used the names of drugs also for human trafficking."

"For example, "Heroin" was for people of Asian descent, "Crack" was anyone of Mexican/Spanish/South American descent, "Marijuana" was for people of Caribbean/Jamaican/African American descent, "Ecstasy" was young adults from 14-21, "Opioid" were kids from 7-14. The "drugs" were code names for humans in his human trafficking business."