Chapter 5-First Impressions

Emily Pov

I have 15 minutes before Dr. Green and his party arrive and I am grateful they are coming. It's the slow time of the year when all the holiday parties are over, yet it's too early for spring events. Most people think it's impossible to plan a great event this time of year but,making the impossible possible is my specialty.

I checked myself in the mirror on the back of my door. Phil told me to wear something more professional then I normally wear, because I dress casually in the office and he wanted me to make a great impression. I checked again to make sure my dark brown hair is in pinned in place. Nervously, I adjusted the cowl neck on my plum purple sweater and smoothed my hands over the sides of my knee length cream skirt. With my purple high heel pumps and grandma's small pearl stud earrings, I thought I looked professional, yet approachable.

I left my office and head to the conference room. I set out a bowl of fruit, my pitcher of sweet tea and turn on the coffee maker. I checked to make sure I have plenty of different types of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in case they want something warm to drink. I had the cups next to coffee maker as well as cream, sugar, spoons, small plates and napkins. 

Just as I finished pouring a cup of sweet tea, I heard the front door chime. Setting my tea down, I walk down the hall to greet my guests and I see 5 men standing in various parts in my lobby. Oh Sweetness. These guys are hot and one dressed in all black turned and looked at me. I swear the temperature rose by a degree or two all of a sudden.

Focus Emily, Focus!

“Welcome to Events with Sway, My name is Emily Sway. Are you the Dr. Green Party?

“Yes, we are.” A man approached me with a flirty smile, green eyes and blond hair. He has to be 5'8 and had on a white long sleeve white shirt with an eggplant purple pullover v-neck sweater, dark stone wash jeans and black shoes. “My name is Dr. Sean Green.” I reached out to shake his hand, but he grasped my hand in his, looked me in the eyes and kissed the back of my hand saying “But you can call me Sean. These other four men are just strays that followed me in.” He nodded to the other four men.

Laughing, I smile to him and said “Phil was right, you are a charmer." I noticed the other four men stiffen and look at each other when I say Phil's name. I swear it looked like they were talking with their eyes, but Sean said, “Oh, and what else did Phil say?"

Winking at him, I smile and say “Well, I can't reveal all my secrets, now can I?”

“Sean, if you are done flirting with Emily, may we introduce ourselves so we can get down to business?”

I turned to see a man standing before me in a two piece dark grey suit, white shirt with a gray tie with coral, red and white stripes, and dark gray shoes. He had to be 5'11 and has black rimmed glasses, and gray eyes that compel you to look at him as if he can see your soul. He looked like he just stepped off the cover of a magazine.

“You must be Mr. Blackbourne." Sticking my hand out to shake his, I smiled saying “Nice to meet you.” 

Raising his right eyebrow, he said “Nice meeting you as well Miss Sway. Next to me is Mr. Gabriel Coleman, Mr. Victor Morgan and Mr. North Taylor.”

“Oy, Just call me Gabe. None of that formal shit for me. I liked what I saw on your website and your portfolio. I can't wait to see what you come up with.”

“Language Mr. Coleman!”

I turned and looked into bright, clear blue eyes. He was 5'6, had 2 blond streaks in the front of his hair, one on each side. The rest of his hair was brown. He was wearing a cream shirt, an orange pullover fleece, light faded jeans and brown boots. He had orange studs in each ear that matched his fleece and had three black studs going up his right ear. I noticed a small pink heart resting on his shirt.

“I'll make you a deal, I will call you Gabe if you call me Emily.” Smiling, I reached out and shook his hand. 

“Deal, Emily."

“You can call me Victor” said the man on the right. He had a smooth, baritone voice which sounded melodic and it soothed my nerves. He was 5”7, with brown hair and brown eyes. I did not understand what people used to say about the fire in someone's eyes until now. They were so expressive and drew you in like a moth to a flame. He was wearing pressed black slacks and a pressed white dress shirt, black belt and black shoes.

“Nice to meet you Victor.”

“I'm North.” I turn to the man next to Victor and I am back on edge. He looked more intimidating up close and I fight the urge to take a step back. He is 6'0, dark hair with dark, intense eyes. He had a day's worth of stubble on his face and was leaning against the wall with his right ankle over his left one. His arms were crossed over his chest and his snug fitting long sleeve black shirt stretched, showing off his broad chest and muscular arms. He had on a black and silver belt, black pants and black boots. 

“Well, it's nice to meet you all. If you will follow me to the conference room we can get started.”