Chapter 15-Inner Thoughts

Emily Pov

I have been laying on the couch rubbing my dog, Heart, since my parents left. My life has changed again. I am so glad Phil is coming. I know I can talk to him about what's going through my mind and I trust him. I can't believe my parents asked the Blackbourne Team, my new clients no less, to protect me from Damien. I understand that they are worried, but part of me thinks they are just doing this because of the Academy. 

I always felt the Academy was more important than me. While they were here, they got a text message from Phil, saying they would protect me and the rest of the team is excited to meet me. Their only concern was they were afraid I would think they were only doing it for the favors, and not because they actually want to get to know me. 

Well hellooooo, what else am I supposed to think! A group of guys that I only just met, what, 6 hours ago went from being my clients to my, well whatever they call themselves now. I am not sure how this is going to work, but I will have to think about this later. Right now I need to get up and go look in my closet, and see what I am wearing tonight to the party.

Most people love to go a party and dress up. Me, not so much since it's part of the job. I'm just glad this one is a western theme birthday party. At least I can be comfortable. Phil will be here in 30 minutes. I put on my indigo blue jeans with the distress patches on the knees and thigh, tan cami, hunter green Dolman sleeve top and put on my brown, cream and green cowboy boots. 

I head to my amoire and pull out my green and gold bangles, gold layered necklace and gold hoop earrings. I brushed my hair out and then I put on my straw cowboy hat, mascara and lip gloss. 

Just then, Phil sent me a text saying he is here. I texted him back to let him know I would be right out. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror to make sure I looked alright. 

I head towards the door ready to face my uncertain future.