Chapter 39-Trust and Try

Kota Pov

Emily went to her room and closed the door. I turned to North and asked "Are you alright North?"

"Yeah, just a little sore" he said while trying to move his mouth and wincing.

"I told you how protective of Emily Alec is and what she said, yet you still had to have a pissing contest with him. I don't understand why you started something with him." Dr. Roberts said.

"It's not that I didn't believe you, it's just something about her. I don't know, it's hard to describe."

"Well, you are going to have to control the caveman side of you. Every time you are around, you do something to piss her off. It's apparent we all like her and think she is a cool person, but we are here to protect her. We need more information about him and how he works." I told him.

"Maybe I can help with that." Alec stated.

We all turned around as we did not hear the door open or him come into the room.

"I don't remember asking you for your help" Silas stated at him.

He just shrugged and said 'very well'.

Dr. Roberts put his right hand on Alec's right shoulder and looked at us. I can see the anger just barely contained in his eyes. "I trust Alec. I know we all have our faults, but I love Alec just like I love Emily. You can talk openly with him as well. Let me just tell you guys something. The only reason Alec is not a member of my team is because Emily will not join. As Emily said, they have a strong bond and he sees her as his sister. If you don't feel comfortable with it, then that's your problem and not Alec's or myself. Deal with it, because he is not going anywhere. Emily is our top priority."

Turning to Alec, he said "What do you have, son?"

"You know I have keep in contact with some of his people so I can keep tabs on him. Well, I just got off the phone with one of my contacts. Damien arrived early this morning and had a meeting with a business partner. I will get more information when we meet up tomorrow morning. After that, I will let you know what I find out."

"How do you know that Alec?" Mr. B asked.

"I may be making a better life for myself, but I always keep my ear to the streets. Some bridges you don't burn. You let them be in case you need to cross them again."

"Very well. Come by my office tomorrow after you two talk. I want to know what's going on right away."

"Ok. I will text you when I am on my way" he replied.

"What do you do for a living" Nathan asked curiously.

'I'm a polyglot."

"A what?" Luke questioned.

"A polyglot. It's a person who speaks multiple languages. I contract myself out as a lingual specialist."

"What languages are you fluent in besides Japanese?" asked Sean.

"I am fluent in Japanese, French, Spanish, Chinese, and Italian."

"Wow, That's awesome. I thought it was cool to know two languages." says Nathan.

"It's nice to set my own working hours so I can help Emily. Plus the pay is good."

His cell phone went off and he looked at the screen. "Excuse me please." He said as he rose and answered his phone while walking into the kitchen.

"Gentlemen, we need to trust Emily and Alec. I have been thinking about her words from this morning and she is right. She opened her home to us, fed us and all we have done was make assumptions about her. Knowing what she went through and her admission to having trust issues to a group of 9 men she does not know very well, shows how much she is trying to trust us. We have not shown her the same trust back. We made assumptions. Nor did we give her a change to explain it. We forced her to do it by assuming she knew about the note and did not say anything. How will she trust us and we don't trust her or her friends." Mr. Blackbourne stated.

As I looked around the room, I see none of us thought of it that way. Just then Alec walked back in the room "I need to leave. I have an appointment that I can not put off any longer. Phil, I will contact you tomorrow and let you know what I find out. I will text Emily to let her know I will not be able to come back tonight."

"I need to head back to the hospital as well. I will walk out with you. Gentlemen, stay with her and keep her safe. Remember, she is my top concern."

Alec turned back to us, he nodded his head and said quietly "Gentlemen, I am sure we will meet again so until next time."

Alec and Dr. Roberts turned and left out the back door. Now we just have to wait for Emily to wake up.