Chapter 18-Missing You

Gabe Pov

I watched as Emily left with Kota and Nathan. I feel bad I was not able to spend more time with her, so I make a mental note to call her tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up. I see Luke and Silas are walking over to Mr. Blackbourne's table from the other side of the diner. I reach Mr. Blackbourne and say:

“Mr. Blackbourne, we are getting off early since its slow.”

“Hey, where's Emily?” asked Luke as he looked around for her. Silas started looking as well.

“Calm down, Mr. Taylor. Miss Sway had to go to work and Mr. Lee and Mr. Griffin took her home. I will be taking Dr. Roberts back to Miss Sway's to get his car.”

“I wanted to know if she liked my pancakes.”

“Trust me Luke,” says Dr. Roberts “She liked them.”

Luke nods and we all sit down.

“I am waiting on Mr. Morgan, Mr. Lee, and Mr. Griffin to arrive then we will have a family meeting. Dr. Roberts, will you be able to stay for another 20 minutes to participate in our meeting or would you prefer me to take you back to your car?”

“No, I can wait. My wife is out of town anyway.”

“Thank you. I really appreciate it”

I turn towards the entrance and see Victor, Kota, and Nathan walking back in.

“Dr. Roberts, we dropped her off at her car and she drove away heading to The Spot.” states Kota.

“Thank you for taking her home and the report that she is safely heading to work. That makes me feel better.”

“No problem Dr. Roberts” reply Nathan.

“Alright, let's get started. Mr. Morgan, please tell us what you were able to find out.”

"We can't access the court records as they were sealed for the protection of Emily and other witnesses."

“If you want to know what happened to her, again, you are going to have to ask her.” said Dr. Roberts.

“Very well Dr. Roberts. We need to set up a schedule time for Victor to install cameras at her office and home. Does she already have a security system set up?”

“Yes, her parents and I have access to it. You can ask her if she is alright with you using it or if she wants you to have your own.”

“Alright, we will talk to her tomorrow night about that. Now, we will meet at my house tomorrow around 6:30 so we can get there on time. Dr. Green will already be at my house. Dr. Roberts, are you coming tomorrow with us?”

“No, Emily will put a meal aside for me and I will collect it later.”

“I will bring Luke, Silas, and myself.” says North. “Vic, any equipment you need, you can put it in my car.”

“Thanks North. I will pick up Gabe and meet you at Mr. Blackbourne's home.”

“Anything else anybody would like to say?"

“Yeah, I just got a text from Emily and she said to dress comfortable and casual tomorrow.” says Dr. Roberts.

“Gentlemen, you heard the woman. Dress appropriately. Anything else?”

We all shake our heads.

“Very well, have a good evening and day off tomorrow. If there are any problems, questions, or concerns, please call me. I will see you tomorrow at 6:30.”

We all get up and head home. I am excited about tomorrow.