Chapter 88-One Step Forward...

Gabe Pov

When Owen came back he told us we were on break until after Luke's Birthday and then we can decide what to do then. He also said Emily was not going back home. It was a relief to all of us, as none of us wanted her to go back there. He said she was moving in with him since he had the room for her to live and work in the same location. He also told us that she would talk to us when she got to his place and rested up. After everyone went to check on her we decided to stay at Owen's until after Luke's birthday. It had been a while since we had all been together and able to relax. Dr. Roberts came in shortly after that and told us Emily would be released in 2 days if everything kept going well.

Owen immediately gave out orders. Nathan and Kota packed up her office, I packed up her closet while Vic, Luke, and Silas packed up her home. North, Vic and I were to get Emily's rooms set up for her. She was going in Trouble's suite and would be using her scrap booking room as an office. I thought of her costume of Athena as inspiration. I think it suited her and will inspire her at this time.

We had talked and agreed that Trouble would have wanted us to use her suite and so I redid the rooms for Emily hoping I got it right.

I have not been this nervous in a long time I think to myself, as we wait in the living room for Owen and Sean to bring her here.

"Do you think we need to take the picture of Sang and us down, or should we move it so Emily can't see it?" asked Vic quietly.

"No. If she wants to accept us, then she needs to accept Peanut as a part of us."

"I am not trying to upset you, Nat."

"Just leave it Vic. It's already going to be weird enough to have another female in the house that is not Sang" states Kota.

"Oy, quit your bickering, ladies. They just pulled up."

"Yeah. None of you better upset Emily. She has been through enough without hearing us argue." North yelled, coming from the kitchen with Luke behind him.

"Look, just because most of you are so quick and willing to forget about Sang, and what she did and meant to all of us just to have a relationship with Emily, some of us are not. Quit trying to shove her down our throats." Nathan yelled as Kota nodded in agreement.

"Well, at least I know where I stand with you."

We turn around and we see Emily standing in the doorway, with Owen and Sean standing beside her. Owen looks murderous and Sean looks disappointed.

"Will someone show me to my room, please?" she whispered and I could see the tears in her eyes.

"I will. I hope you like how I decorated it." I say, as I jump up and walk to her.

"Thanks Gabe." she smiled at me weakly.

"Sean will escort you to your room and make sure you are comfortable. There is an intercom you can use on the wall next to bed. Push it if you need anything. " Owen spoke, as Heart came running towards her and barking in a frenzy. Emily smiled at him and they follow me up the stairs. She is panting after going half way up and Sean picked her up with a yelp of surprise from her. I heard her say thank you to Sean as we continued. As I look behind me I see Owen walking into the living room and I am glad I am showing her to her room as we reach the second floor.

"Alright Sunshine. This is your room. It's the last room at the end of the hallway. If you don't like it, let me know and I will redo it."

"Beggers can't be choosy darlin." she says to me. I open the french doors and step back.

"Oh, Gabe" she whispers, as Sean carried her into the room and set her down. I had painted the bedroom a cream color, and placed her new California king bed in the center of the room. I placed sheers on the four corners that she can pull around her bed. I left the stars North and Si had placed on the ceiling. I have a cream comforter with red and gold swirls throughout. Her comforter is turned back to show the cream sheets with a gold Greek inspired key design, with two red and two gold pillows. Her throw pillows are red and gold with a matching greek inspired key design. Above the bed are pictures of Athena on Mount Olympus and one of Athena in her warrior attire. I know she loves these pictures as Athena is her favorite goddess.

Right by the balcony doors, I had created a reading nook by placing a storage chaise lounge in the corner looking out towards the balcony. I have her tablet and laying on the chaise with her grandmother's throw laid across the back. Heart came running into the room sniffing around. I placed his dog bed to the left side of her bed.

"I hope you like it. I kept the furniture that was in here already. I just got you a new bed and...." I am cut off by her jumping on me and giving me a hug before she kissed my cheek.

"I love it. I just love it. Thank you so much Gabe. It's just beautiful and perfect. With you doing it, there was never any doubt, but this is just lovely." she tells me as she kissed my cheek again. I can't help but blush and smile.

"Ok Beautiful. Stop kissing Gabe's cheeks and giving him compliments. His head is big enough." Sean laughed.

"Whatever Doc. I placed your work bag by your bed in case you want it. All your clothes are in the closet and drawers. Your personal items and toiletries are in the bathroom. The bathroom is through that door right next to the bed. The closet is behind the french doors."

"Let's get you in bed. I need to give you your meds and you need to rest. Doctor's Orders." says Sean.

"I placed your night shirt in the bathroom for you to change. Doc and I will wait out here for you." Emily yawned and nodded and walked into the bathroom. As she closed the door we heard her say "this bathroom is so big and way better than mine."

Sean moved over to night stand next to the bed and set up her pill bottles. I head to the mini fridge and get her a water bottle and an orange juice. She comes right back out and smiled. Damn, all she needs is the red hair and she would look just like Jean Grey. She is wearing her Jean Grey Phoenix baby doll costume shirt.

"You brought my favorite gown. How did you know Gabe?"

"I just thought it suits you. I bought the red one too. Nothing can stop you and I will always be on your side."

"Alright Jean Grey, I need you to take your meds and then lay down so you can heal. I don't need you destroying the world until you are strong enough."

"Yes Doctor Flirt."

"Just keep it up. I got your flirt, Beautiful." he stated as she gets in the bed and took her pills.

"Are you guys going to stay with me. I really don't want to be alone right now."

We look at each other and nod.

Looking back at her, I say "Sure. I would like that."

"I would never turn down a request from you to sleep in your bed."

She scooted over to the middle. We take off our clothes, but leaving on our underwear. Sean laid in front facing her and I get to spoon in behind her. Doc wrapped his arms around her shoulder and I wrap my arms around her waist. I hear her sigh and say thanks. I replied "always" just as sleep claimed me.