Chapter 10-Family Meeting

Sean Pov

“I can't believe North would say such things to her. I am so angry with him right now.” says Gabe.

“I know. He has been wound up tight lately, and he the guard dog for our family, but this has to stop.” Victor agreed.

As I approach the guys, I say “Well, that was interesting. I am sure I will get a call from Dr. Roberts soon and I am not looking forward to that call.”

Just then, North walks out and heads to the car. “North.” Victor says to him, but he does not reply. He looks like he is consumed in his own thoughts as he walks by Victor, opens the door and gets in the back. They turn and look back at me. I just shrug as Owen comes out. He nods at me and heads to his car. 

“Mr. Morgan, will you stop and bring lunch back to Dr. Greens? Whatever you choose is fine.”

Victor nods and they got in his car. As I walk over to Owen's car, I see North looking out the back window. He blinks and then turns around. I make a mental note to check on him later.

“Owen, I am worried about North. His protectiveness is getting out of control. The way he went after Emily was wrong and embarrassing. I am not looking forward to Dr. Roberts' call.”

“Yes Sean. I agree. That is something I will have to address with him. Although I liked how Emily handled him and might I add, she did it without yelling and screaming. I have not see anyone shut North down like that since Sang. Both times have left him rattled.”

“Yes, it was refreshing to see someone else put him in his place, but I am concerned about him. When he came outside, he walked right by Victor and Gabe and got in the back seat of Victor's car. Since when does he get in the back seat of any car. I am going to talk to him later on to see if if he alright. There is something about her that puts me at ease and makes me relax.”

“Me too Sean. There is something familiar about her, I just can't place it right now. I have seen her somewhere though."

“I'm sure you will remember and I know its nothing bad, because I really like her and Dr. Roberts would never send us to someone he did not trust. I wonder about the relationship she has with Dr. Roberts. Hardly anyone calls him by his first name. Hell, he's like a father to me and don't get to call him that.”

“You just like her because she has the new coffee maker you want.”

“That too, but I'm serious. Very few people get to call him by his first name and by how she references him, it makes me think there is a history there. I am curious to see what Victor has on her.”

“We shall see soon enough” he says as we pull in front of my house. He clicks the garage door remote and as it rolls up, Luke, Silas, Kota and Nathan pull up in front. They hop out of North's Jeep and walk though the garage into my home with us.

“Good afternoon Gentleman. The others will be here shortly with lunch.”

“Mr. Blackbourne, what is the meeting about?” Kota ask.

“Is it about another mission? I hope its a good one.” says Luke.

I head into the living room to turn on the TV as they ask Owen about the meeting. I hear the front door open and in came Victor, Gabe and North with sub sandwiches, bags of chips, a veggie tray, lemonade and juice. Luke and Kota walk out the kitchen with plates, cups, and napkins. They set the food up on the dining table and everyone fixed their plates and drinks. Then we head into the living room where there is space to relax and eat. Owen clears his throat to get everyone attention.

“Yesterday Dr. Roberts told Dr. Green about an event planner that could help us plan a birthday party for Luke, as we are going to be busy on several upcoming missions.”

“Aw, Mr. Blackbourne, you don't have to. I know we will be busy and we don't have to do anything special for my birthday. Its not like its a major birthday anyway. I'm just turning 22."

'Mr. Taylor, Family First. It's a great thing to see another year and we want to celebrate it. Now, her name is Emily Sway and she will have a proposal for us tomorrow to review. Here is her portfolio and references she gave me before she abruptly ended the meeting” and he hands the portfolio to Luke.

“Why did she end the meeting?” Kota asked.

"Because North insulted her. I was not sure if she was going to cry or punch him in the face.” Victor said.

“I know I could see the hurt and anger in her eyes.” Gabe spoke up.

I chimed in saying “I never thought I would see the day where a woman was strong enough to stand up to North. Especially when he is brooding.”

“I did not mean to snap at her and I apologized to her. It's my job to watch out for this family and that is what I was doing. I mean, who throws a party for free?”

“What do you mean, throw a party for free?” asked Silas.

I answer “Since Dr. Roberts called and said we were going to be busy on missions, he wanted her to help us. Due to her relationship with Dr. Roberts, she said she would plan and execute the party for free, and has been working with her vendors trying to get them to do this for little or no cost.” Just as I finished my sentence, Owen's cell phone went off. He pulled it out and excused himself from the room.

“Was she serious? She is going to throw me a party for free?" Luke asked.

“What's the relationship between her and Dr. Roberts?” asked Nathan.

“I have a quick background report I ran on her and her business.” says Victor. “Let me get my computer bag and I will pass it out. I just printed it and brought it so we can look at it together.”

“Mr. Morgan. Hold on passing those out. Everyone clean up and make sure everything is clean and in order.”

Standing Kota asked "What is going on?" 

I was curious myself since Owen looked tense.

“I just got off the phone with the heads of the Academy, and they are on their way over to have an emergency meeting with all of us.”