Chapter 23- Birthday Idea

Emily Pov

Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale. I have been repeating that in my mind all night as I go up the steps again. Not only are they so good looking, they are sweet, helpful, funny, smart, but most importantly, they all smell good. It just does things to me. Its like they are every woman's dream, you just get nine pieces to make the whole package. 

Sitting at the table with them laughing, joking and relaxing did not help. It's been so long since let my guard down and they are truly genuine. I started to relax with them. I tried to come up here to catch a breather, but every time I tried, one of them comes with me. Now I have Mr. Perfect and Clark Kent following me up to the kitchen. Life is so unfair. I really need to find a boyfriend. Why don't I have one again? Oh yes, because I'm still to scared to let someone in, that’s why.

“Miss Sway, Where would you like the dishes?”

Damn it. I always lose focus with them. “You can place them in the sick for me. I will wash them when you guys leave.”

“Where is your dish washing liquid and I will soak them” asked Mr. Perfect.

“Under the sink. It's the blue bottle” He turns and bends over to get the dish washing liquid. Yep, his nickname is Mr. Perfect.

“Thanks for doing this guys. You did not have to.” I say to them as I walk to the fridge.

“You feed us, the least we can do is clean up.” says Kota. He may look preppy in khaki pants and a button down shirt with his black rim glasses, but I know better. He reminds me of Clark Kent. Looks one way, but is strong and smart. His nick name is CK. I am so into my thoughts, I almost walk into the fridge. I need a moment to get it together.

“Kota, would you and Mr. Blackbourne mind carrying the individual truffle dishes downstairs for me? I am going to the bathroom. They are on two trays in the fridge. The spoons are in this drawer.”

“Sure.”

“Thanks."

I walk into the bathroom and lock the door. I slump against the door and let out a breath I did not know I was holding. Turning toward the sink, I turn on the cold water, place my hands under it and then splash some on my face. I am not used to anyone getting past my defenses. I have to remember these are my clients and my bodyguards. They just want to get to know me so they can better protect me. Once it's over, they won't want to be my friends. 

You have got to give them the party they want for their brother at arms. You have done this many times and this is no different. You've got this. Just seeing him tonight proved it for you. Go knock their shirts off, I mean socks off. I take a deep breath to calm myself and head back downstairs.

I can hear them laughing and teasing each other. I smile as I turn the corner and go into the room.

“There you are. I was wondering if you fell in. Let's get his party started Sunshine” says Gabe.

“Yeah, we want to hear what you have come up with.” says Luke.

“All I know is I am having strawberry cheesecake triffle with lots of strawberries, so what ever she proposes is already good in my book.” say Nathan as he takes another spoonful.

As I walk in, I see sitting on one sofa is North, Kota, Nathan, and then Mr. Blackbourne and Silas each in a recliner, then Dr. Green, Victor, Gabe, on the other Couch. I take the empty recliner next to Luke.

“You mean, you don't want me for my cooking after all? My feelings are hurt.” As I put my hand on my chest.

“What did I tell you about that girly shit. I will not stand for it.” says Gabe.