Chapter 21-Busy Day

Emily Pov

Whew, Its been a long day. After I got off the phone with Gabe and got dressed this morning, I made a conference call and talked to all my vendors, to see what I could work out with them for Luke's Birthday Celebration. Then I put together the presentation for the guys, ran to the grocery store, came home and started cooking. I just finished setting up the conference room with the food on one of the side tables, and stand back to look to make sure it looks good. 

On one side of the table, I have a big bowl of my seven layer salad, my crack dip with veggies and chips. On the other side of the table, I have 2 pitchers of Sweet Tea, 2 pitchers of water, 2 bottles of ice cold cola, and lemon lime pop. I look at the other table and I have the sweet tea marinated deep fried chicken, sauteed green beans, loaded mashed potatoes, cornbread, honey butter, and hot sauce. I have the strawberry cheesecake trifle in the fridge for dessert. I look at the spread in front of me and hope they like it.

I glance back at the conference table and it's set with my china they liked so much. I run upstairs to the kitchen to make sure I have the extra food in the warmer in case they go through what's out already.

I know they will love the presentation for Luke. I think it will not only please Luke, but his team as well. They seem to take the Academy's Family First motto to heart. I also need to talk to them about protecting me. Once we get this straight, I will be good to go. I mean, who would not want nine hot guys watching over them.

A buzzing sound goes through my upstairs speakers jarring me out of the thoughts. Oh, they're here. I look at the clock and it's 7 on the dot. I like people who are on time. I run past my mirror and take a quick look. Shoot, I have been so busy, I did not change my clothes or fix my hair. Well, I said dress casual and I can't get anymore casual than this. I have on my faded light blue jeans with a gray tank top, and my orange hoodie half way unzipped and pulled up to my elbows. I'm wearing my orange wrap watch and orange bangles and have on my orange and gray tennis shoes and my orange studs and a orange ring. My hair is in a high ponytail so it's not too bad. 

Well it is what is is and I have no time to change now. I just hope they like the food and the presentation for Luke's party. For some reason, I really want them to like me, to relax and have a good evening. I race down the stars to let them in.

I open the door and gasp at the sight of Sean smiling at me. Man he is so handsome.

“Konbanwa Bishojo (Good Evening Beautiful)” he says smiling and nodding his head.

Blushing I reply “Knonbawa Greenson, Ogenkidesuka (Good Evening, Mr. Green. How are you?)”

“Watashi wa genkidesu, anata wa (I am fine and you?)”

“Watashi wa genkidesu. (I am fine).”

“Ichatsuku teishi Greenson Ido! (Stop flirting Mr. Green and move!)” says Victor.

Laughing, Dr. Green comes in followed by Victor, Gabe, Kota, Nathan, Luke, North, Silas, Gabe and Mr. Blackbourne. The only I can think of is they get hotter and hotter as they come through the door. It's going to be hard to concentrate on the presentation and not their looks. I just need to look at their faces and not their sexy bodies. Yeah, that's just wishful thinking. What women would be able to do that. Not a straight one anyway, that's for sure. Concentrate Emily. Why is it always so hard to concentrate with them around. Yeah, not going to even go down that road. Mr. Blackbourne's voice cuts through my internal dialog with myself.

“Thank you for having us all tonight, for the presentation and dinner. We are excited to see what you have planned for Luke.” Mr Blackbourne said.

“Emily, it smells really good in here and we are hungry.” say Luke as he rubs his stomach and sniffs. North reaches over and chops Luke in the back of the head. Luke reaches up and rubs the back of his head saying “It's true. I am just the only one willing to say it.”

Laughing, I say “I am excited that you all are here. I want you guys to relax and enjoy your evening. "I have everything set up in the in the presentation room to go over the birthday celeberation if you guys will follow me.”