Chapter 72-Road Trip

Emily Pov

"Thanks for following me home Phil. I really appreciate it."

"Not a problem. Let me help you unload the truck and before I go. I also want to see who is here tonight," he says as he slams the door to his truck.

"I think it's North and Luke. I see North's Jeep." I answer as the garage door closes.

"You need some help?" shouts Luke as he bounces down the stairs followed by North.

"Baby girl, is that your black truck?"

"Yes, he is a sexy beast isn't he?" A smile as I run my hand along my black Dodge Ram. North is in awe of my truck as he walks up to it.

"Be careful with my baby. I worked my ass off for this boy and he is the crown jewel in my collection."

North says "I will take care of your baby. I love all types of cars. Can I go take a look at it."

I turn to Phil "Is he good with cars? You know how I am about my children?"

"Children?" Luke and North reply at the same time looking stunned.

"Relax you two. Emily is referring to her garage of cars. She calls them her children. Yes, Emily. He is excellent with cars. North and Brandon work on our cars so I trust him with yours. He is the one I was telling you about."

"North is the guy you were talking about?" I turn to look at him. "Well, hell yeah, you can look at them and work on them anytime. I will introduce you to them all one day. Here are the keys." I say as I toss the keys to him. He catches them without taking his eyes away from the truck. Nathan was not kidding when he said North was going to love my truck.

He opens the door "Shit. You've got a 2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4×4 with what looks like an 8' box in the Black Appearance package. May I see the inside?" he asked as his eyes never left my baby. Boys and their toys.

"Sure." I grin.

"It must be a great truck to get him that hard. What kind of truck is it?"

"It's a 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4×4 with the I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine. This bad boy has a payload of 2,250 lbs. has a black interior with heated front seats, High back seats and steering wheel, floor storage, satellite radio, remote start, park assist, Key-less entry, automatic lights, fold away tow mirrors, sunroof, 20 inch black painted aluminum wheels with all seasonal tires. I have halogen lights, black leather steering wheel, power mirrors. I even convinced them I needed two ramboxes. One on each side." Smiling, I continued "I love that truck. I just need to find someone I trust to keep her running good. I did not like the mechanic at the dealership at all. He gave me the creeps and I think he messed up my baby just so I would come back."

"Don't worry baby girl, I will take care of this beauty. It will be in exceptional care. Now, what do you mean he gave you the creeps and messed up this beauty to come back to him?" North almost growled.

"He was just flirting too much North, and I think he did something to make me come back. The check engine light came back on and when I went back, thankfully someone else waited on me. He said it was just a screw that needed tightening." I shrug.

"Well, I am going upstairs. I want to take a bath and catch up on my stories. I have not had a chance to read them and all week my notifications have been going off like crazy."

Phil and Luke thank you for taking my things up." I yell at them as they carry my things upstairs. I grab my spear and shield.

"North, I trust you with my baby, but if you so much as breathe on it wrong, I will hurt you."