Chapter 14-Family Meeting

Chapter 14

Team Blackbourne Pov

“Well that was something I did not see coming." Sean murmured.

“Oy, well no shit. Who would see that coming.” Gabe answered, throwing up his hands.

“That explains why they asked us to stop the meeting until they were here.” said Kota.

“Yeah, I am completely shocked." Nathan looked at Kota: “Who would have thought they had a daughter that few people knew about.” Nathan said.

“They are putting a lot of trust in us with this information. She said they would not be telling us if she was not in danger.” Victor mentioned.

“They must really concerned to offer us what they did and take us off all other assignments.” North returned, as Silas and Luke just nodded their heads in agreement.

“Let's look at this realistically gentlemen. There are several things we need to consider. One is the favors. They are offering to remove all our debts and give us a substantial amount of favors, in exchange to keep Emily safe until Damien is caught.”

“It would take us another 6 months to get out of the negative for everyone and the team. That would take a lot of stress off us, and we would all be in the positive. Not to mention what it would mean to have a personal favor from the Heads of the Academy.” Kota said.

Owen continued. “Two, this means we will be bringing another female into our family. We have not done that since Sang. I am not sure if we all are ready for that just yet….”

“Let me stop you there, Owen” Dr. Roberts spoke up. “Let me make this perfectly clear. Emily is not Sang. They may have similarities, but they are different women. I want you to see her for who she is, not who you want her to be. Give her a chance and you might just be surprised by her. Besides, you need a little estrogen to balance out all this testosterone.”

Laughing, Luke said That's an interesting way of putting it. Is it too much manliness for you Dr Roberts?”

Laughing as well, he replied “Yes, I just can't handle it. It's just too much.”

“Gentlemen, I want you to seriously think about this. This is something we have said we would not do again, and here we are in this predicament. Now, I do not see any problems with Emily as she was professional and friendly."

"Dr. Green, Mr. Taylor Jr., Mr. Coleman and Mr. Morgan, did any of you have any issues or concerns today with her?” Mr. Blackbourne asked.

“I thought she was quite charming and attentive. I have no issues with her.” Victor replied.

“Charming? What does that mean Vic?” Nathan asked.

Blushing, Victor replied "Just that. Charming. She seems very nice and sweet. Like you hang around her for a while and feel relaxed.”

“My thoughts exactly, Victor. I liked her sense of humor and quick wit. I have no issues with her Owen.” said Sean.

“Of course not, you were too busy flirting with her, Doc.” North laughed and Dr. Green smiled. North smile faded as he said "I may have reacted badly, but I have no problems with her.”

“Yeah, but does he have a problem with you North?" Gabe said laughing. 

North turned and glared at him “I'm just teasing you North. I'm sure you're good. I like her a lot and think she is good at what she does. I just wish I could help get a better feel for Luke. Plus, I want to know who gave her that china set? I want us to have one. It has all our colors in it and it's just unique and gorgeous.” Gabe continued.

“I can tell you she has no issues with you North.” Dr. Roberts confirmed. "She just wants you to trust her work and not insult her. Trust me, she will not tell her parents about it and you are safe."

"Gabe, her parents are the ones who commissioned the china for her.”

“Figures.” Gabe mumbled under his breath. 

Nathan just laughed and patted Gabe on the back saying “I'm sure you can make one yourself, and it will look as good if not better than hers.”

“Damn right I can. If we do this, I may start working on it since we won't have any other jobs.”

“I just can't believe I went off on their daughter. I just don't want to have to face Mrs. X again. I thought you were bad with your looks, Mr. Blackbourne, but hers are worse.” North admitted, looking upset.

Dr. Roberts leant over and tapped North on the arm saying 'It's alright North and when you see her again, she will tell you that.”

“I hope so. I don't want to be around her if she is pissed at me.”

“Well, I think it will be safe. Mr. Taylor, Mr. Korba, Mr. Lee, and Mr. Griffin need to meet her before we make a decision. I know Gabe invited her to the Diner tonight and Dr. Roberts will be with her. Mr. Taylor and Mr. Korba will be working tonight with Mr. Coleman so they will meet her while she is working. Mr. Lee, and Mr. Griffin, Dr. Green and myself will pick you up tonight for dinner at the Diner tonight so you can meet her as well. Once everyone has met her, we can make a final decision on protecting her. Next, if we do this, we will not be on any missions and our full attention will be on keeping Miss. Sway protected. Does anyone have any issues with not doing any other missions.”

There was a chorus of No's from around the room.

“Very well.” Mr. Blackbourne said and nodded to Silas.

“Dr. Roberts, what you can you tell us about her?” ask Silas.

“I will tell you this and take it for what it's worth. Emily is the perfect mixture of all your personalities. She is funny, caring, extremely smart, classy, helpful, nurturing, and loyal. She is protective, stands up for what she believes in, and can't stand to see someone hurting. She is a strong woman with a big heart."

"After what she has endured, she has moved on to do something that she loves and I am proud of her. She hates secrets, being lied to. What ever you do, always tell her the truth. She may not like it, but she will respect it and you for doing it.”

“I am going to pick her up at 6 o'clock tonight so we should be there around 6:20. She found out this morning a short time after you left that he was going to be released early in a week. I'm sure her parents told her about him being released earlier than expected when they went over there, so I know she will be upset. I think when they tell her the plan, her biggest concern with this will be the favors your team will get. I am afraid she will think you are trying to be her friends just for the favors. I will tell her that is not the case and after she meets you all and feels you out, I am sure she will not feel that way.”

“Well, she will have a chance to feel us out tomorrow, as we all are meeting at her office for dinner and she will present Luke’s birthday proposal to us. We are to meet at her office at 7pm. Also Gabe, she said she needed someone to bounce ideas off of in the morning. I told her you would not mind. Can I text her your phone number? I am not sure if she will text or call you. If you want you can give it to her tonight.” Sean informed everyone.

“That's fucking awesome. Of course, she can call me. I will give her my number at the Diner tonight.”

“Well that’s a good sign right there, if she invited you all over to her place to eat. She never invites clients over on Sundays. It's her off day and she just cooks for the week and relaxes. She must feel comfortable with you all already.” Dr. Roberts said smiling.

“She invited us to her office, not her place.”

“She lives upstairs above her office. That is probably why she said the conference room. It will be big enough for everyone to fit comfortably and hear her proposal.”

“Can she cook Dr. Roberts? I mean is it good?” asked Luke. Silas, Gabe, North, and Sean looked hopeful.

“Yes, she can throw down in the kitchen. She learned from her mom and grandma. You guys will be in for a treat if she is cooking. I will ask her to save me some leftovers.”

“There may not be any leftovers with North and Silas. They can eat as much as 4 people just between them. You may want to come get your plate before we get there.” smirked Victor.

“All I know is her sweet tea is the bomb and we need that at the Diner. Maybe she can give us the recipe for the Diner. We can call it E’s Sweet Tea.” said Gabe.

“You have to talk that over with Uncle. Knowing him, he will want a sample to taste first.” North nodded.

Luke looked to Dr. Roberts sitting across from him and asked "Do you think she will still throw me a birthday party even if we don't take this job? Looking at the pictures and listening about her, has me curious as to what she will come up with?”

“Yes, she will. Once she says she is going to do something, she will do it.”

“Great” replied Luke, nodding his head.

“So, do we all agree to have Miss. Emily Sway of Events with Sway to plan Luke's birthday party?"

They all said yes and nodded.

“Once everyone has a chance to meet her, we will meet at my house tomorrow and decide if we should protect her. I do not want to have Mr. and Mrs. X wait any longer that they need to. I can only imagine what they are going through.” Owen said.

Nathan, Silas, Kota and Luke look at each other, having a silent communication. Nathan said "Mr. Blackbourne, I know we have not meet her”, moving his fingers between Kota, Silas and Luke, “but I think we should agree to protect her if she is fine with that. She appears to be a great person who needs help, and we would do it regardless of the favors being offered. Granted, I am not going to turn them down, you guys have already met her and she is cool with you guys, let's just do it.”

"I agree with Nathan.” said Kota. “If it was Jessica in Emily's shoes, I would be a nervous wreck waiting and I don't think its fair to them or Emily. What sense does it make to wait until tomorrow. I trust you guys, and if you have no issues with it, lets vote.”

“Very well Mr. Lee.”

Mr. Blackbourne went around the room asking all of us individually “Are you in agreement that we will protect Miss. Emily Sway, forego any other missions, and accept negative favors being removed and accept the positive favors offered. Dr. Green agrees to works on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the hospital with Dr. Roberts, and Dr. Roberts will be our liaison between us and Mr. and Mrs. X and provide assistance when needed.” and we all replied "I am willing as I will obey.”

Dr. Roberts said "I will call them to let them know you agree to the terms, and they will email you agreement to sign for your file. I have to go to Emily. I am sure she is upset and trying her best to come to grips with what is happening. I really appreciate you doing this. I want her safe and I believe you guys are the best to do that. Thank you so much. I know family first, but it still means the world to me that you would do it. I will see you later tonight.”

We all stood and shook Dr. Roberts' hand before he walked down the walkway to his car and left.