Chapter 41-Relax Alec

Mr. Blackbourne Pov

As Emily got up, Alec came in the back door. He seems like a good guy and if Phil trusts him and we want Emily to trust us, we are going to have to trust him. As family leader, its up to me to set the example.

"Good Evening Alec. Please help yourself to food in the kitchen. We decided to cook instead of ordering pizza."

He nodded and said "Thank you" as he made his way to the kitchen.

Dr. Roberts looked at Alec then got up and went into the kitchen with him. I can only imagine how hard it is for him to have to relive not just what he and Emily went through, but what he went through on his own. My heart went out to him. It seems like it's just him, and he only has Emily and Phil. I make a mental note to ask Dr. Roberts about Alec's background. Maybe there is something we can do for him as well.

"Ok. I'm ready." states Miss Sway as she comes down the hallway. She looked at the kitchen and saw Alec. She immediately went to him and gave him a hug. They started talking and I can't make out what they are saying as they are speaking French. Alec and Miss Sway were trying to have a private conversation, but did not know all of us speaks multiple languages. I look at Mr. Coleman and he is watching and listening to them. I know he will tell me later so I turn towards the kitchen. I see Dr. Roberts join in and they seem to be having an intense conversation. Alec seems to relax after a while and gives Miss Sway a hug. I look at Phil and he just nods. I know everything is alright with Miss Sway, as I let out the breath I did not know I was holding. Looking at the family, I see they did the same thing while Mr. Taylor Jr and Mr. Coleman visibly relax.

"Hey, I am feeling left out Dr. Roberts and you know I don't like being left out of something good. Especially if its a prank on North." yells Mr. Taylor smiling at Dr. Roberts. Alec and Miss Sway raise their eyebrows at the statement and Dr. Roberts laughed as Mr. Taylor Jr smacked Mr. Taylor Sr. in the back of the head. Mr. Taylor Jr. just glared at him as he rubbed his head and looked perplexed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Come on over, guys. Don't keep hanging out in the kitchen. I promise, we won't bite." says Mr. Griffin as he waved them over.

'Oy, or we're all coming over there and going to crash your party." Mr. Coleman shouted.

"And eat all the food." Mr. Korba added.

I just look at them because I know they want to take the tension out the room and get everyone to relax. I nod my head, letting them know I know what they did. They just smiled back and nodded in response to me.

As they come out of the kitchen and sit on the open couch I notice Alec relaxes a little bit for the first time as Miss Sway grabbed his hand. He looked at her and bumped her shoulder. She looked over at him and smiled. Yes, I have a feeling things will work out for all of us.