Chapter 4-Old Dog, Same Tricks

Dr. Roberts Pov

Shaking my head, I watched Sean and Owen leave. They think no one sees their pain or the pain of the team, but they are wrong. The team is taking more and more assignments since it's the time approaching the anniversary of Sang's death. 

The sad part is they have lost their zest for life. They did this last year when it was around the time Sang passed. I love these boys like they were my own, especially Sean. I refuse to stand by and watch them suffer again.

Reaching into my pocket, I pull out my cell phone and call Emily. She answered on the second ring saying:

“Events with Sway, this is Emily speaking, how may I help You?"

“Hey Ems, Its Phil."

“Hi Phil, you already called in one favor and you know the rule, one favor a day.”

Laughing, I say “ You sound just like your father. I just wanted to say thank you for agreeing to see my friends tomorrow on such short notice and doing this birthday celebration. It means a lot to them and they need something positive right now to focus on.”

“You know I will do anything to help out Phil, but they have not said yes yet. Besides, it will give me something to focus on. You said they will be here at 10am right?

“Yes. I gave them your address and work number to call for questions. I have to go. Call me later on tomorrow and let me know how it goes."

“Thanks Phil. Will do. Have a good afternoon.”

I hang up the phone and place it back in my pocket. Yes, this will be good for everyone all around. I may be an old dog, but I still know a few tricks.