Chatper 7-Memories

North Pov.

It's dark as I frantically run through the trees towards Sang's current location. She disappeared while on a mission and we have been searching for her all night. We did not want her to go on this mission with Volto, especially since none of us were able to go with her, but she insisted. She thought she could get the information we needed and we would not have to get hurt. She always reacted first to save us when she did not want us in danger. We split up to search for her and her tracking device finally went off after two hours of searching. Mr. B, Sean, Kota and I were the closest to her location and I arrived first.

“Hang on baby, I'm coming for you!” I screamed. Two men jumped me. I break out of the hold I'm in, landing a punch to the guy's head to knock out the one in front of me and then knock out the guy behind me.

“NORTH!!!NOR...!”

“I'm almost there baby. I'm almost there. Where are you? I can't see you."

No reply, no screams, nothing. Just leaves and branches rustling.

'SANG!!!! BABY??? Where are you?” I run, desperate, screaming her name, but there is no reply. As I am looking for her I turn to my right, that’s when I see her. I run towards her screaming “I found her.” I hear Doc, Mr. B and Kota telling me they are on their way and not to move her in my ear, but I can't reply. What I see has taken the air out of my lungs. I found her laying near a drain pipe. Her clothes are ripped and blood is everywhere. Her legs look like they have been broken in several places and I can't tell if she has been shot or not. Her face is swollen and she has bruises and cut marks all over her body. Her hair is fanned out around her head and her eyes are closed. She is barely breathing.

“No...No...I can't lose her. She has to be ok. It seams like it's been 30 minutes, but it's only been 10 seconds. DOC!!! Where are you guys.”

“Right here. Move North, let me see.” screamed Doc.

I move over and I hear him say “Shit, we need to get her to the hospital NOW!!! Kota, call ahead and tell them to get a gurney and a Med team ready.” Kota was on the phone before Doc finished. I watched as Sean lifted Sang in his arms and she was just limp in his arms. Like a rag doll. Seeing her head roll to the side and her hair cover her face, snapped me out of my internal thoughts. Kota grabbed me and we ran to catch up with Doc and Mr. Blackbourne. Kota said he texted everyone to meet us at the emergency room. Doc and Mr. B flew out the parking lot and I was right behind him in my Jeep. Kota was sitting next to me counting, and it was all I could do to keep it together while I drove to the hospital. As we pulled into the parking lot, Victor is right behind me with the rest of the guys. We park and just left the cars, running through the emergency doors. There we see Doc talking to Dr. Roberts and a nurse. Mr. Blackbourne walked up to us. He waved his hand for us to follow him before any of us could get a question out. We walk over to a small waiting room off the emergency entrance. He tells us to have a seat and when Sean comes, he will start. We start objecting and he calmly says sit down. I know if it's bad because he is not yelling and for once, you can see all his feelings going across his face. I panicked. I said the first thing that came to mind.

“SHE IS DEAD ISN'T SHE. WE LOST HER. THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO SAY, ISN'T IT?"

Sean opens his mouth to reply and my alarm goes off. I wake with a start. My heat is beating in my chest and air is making my shirt stick to my chest. I keep reliving that moment and I always wake up at the same time every night. I glance at the clock as I get up out of bed and head to the bathroom to get ready. I know Vic will be here soon and I just want to get this day started.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I can still see Sang in the hospital bed wrapping her arms around me telling me she loves me and to take care of myself. She said I will always be her North Star. I remember crying as I told her I failed to get to her. She looked me straight in the eyes telling me if I have not found her, she would not have been able to say good bye, to tell us she loved us and she wants us to be happy. She was grateful I found her and that it was time to let her go. That was the hardest thing to do; to let her go, because I wanted her here with me.

I have been thinking about that dream and Sang all day. I know I need to concentrate on this meeting since it's supposed to be about Luke’s Birthday Party. Shit, I love him, but it's hard to celebrate his birthday since it's so close to Baby's death. As I come out of my head, I notice we are driving down the old historic part of downtown Charleston. It always feels so warm and inviting. I feel a calm settle over me as we pull up in front of the building. As I get out the car, I tell myself to focus. This is for Luke and I will not have some woman mess up his birthday. For some reason lately, girls have been throwing themselves at him at the diner and it's getting on his nerves. I did check out her website and I must say I am impressed, but looks can be deceiving. As the guys walk in, I walk over to the hallway entrance. I want to make sure I can see this chick when she comes out. I hear heels tapping on the floor and look up and stared into a pair of light brown eyes and a round face. I see her apprehension in her eyes as she stares back at me. She then takes a breath and walks out.

“Welcome to Events with Sway, My name is Emily Sway. Are you the Dr. Green Party?"

Her voice instantly calms me and I don't know why. I see her walking out and Doc steps up to her with his normal flirty self. I look at Mr B and as he tells him to stop flirting. She mentions Dr. Roberts by his first name, I am instantly put on alert. We all look at each other wondering the connection between Emily ad Dr. Roberts. know Vic has her basic background report and we will discuss it at lunch. As Mr B tells her our names, he looks at me with a question in his eyes and then looks back at Emily. I shrug my shoulders as Victor is done introducing himself. I say “I'm North and I can see the apprehension in her eyes again. I don't know if I'm making her nervous or if she knows my name, but before I can get a good read on her, she asked us to follow her into the conference room. 

As we walk down the hall, Mr. B asked me. “Does she look familiar to you? I have see her face, but I do not know her.”

“She does look familiar, but I don't know her. Maybe she just looks like someone we meet or know”

“Mm, maybe. We shall see.”

Moving On *Completed*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें