Chapter 38- I Need A Nap

Emily Pov

I know Sean said they will protect me, but I know Damien. I don't want them getting hurt because of me. This day has been draining.

"Hey Beautiful. I am going to go talk to Owen and Phil." Sean told me.

"Ok". I raised my head off his shoulder and sat up so he could stand up. Sean got up and walked over to Phil with Owen. Silas came and sat on my left and Gabe on my right. Heart is sitting between my legs yawning. I rubbed his head as I am sure he wanted some attention. He turned around and put his head on my leg while I rubbed his head absentmindedly.

"Emily!" I was so caught up in my thoughts, I did not hear Gabe calling me.

"Yes."

"How are you feeling, Sunshine? I know it's been a long day so far." Gabe asked.

"I just feel tired and drained. It started off so well. I don't know how it went so bad so quick. I swear I did not know it was a note from him. I thought it was just a flyer someone put on the car. If I had known, I would have said something."

"We know." says Silas. "We are sorry for jumping to conclusions. We just don't like secrets and we all hoped you were trusting us."

"I have showed you guys I trust you.. It's hard for me to trust men in general, but I'm trying. You don't know how far I have come, but just having you all here, in my space is a......oh, excuse me for yawning. It's a big step."

Alec and Luke came back in the backdoor and Heart got up and ran to Alex and started circling him.

Come on boy, I will take you out." say Alec as he grabbed his leash.

"I would like to come outside with you if you don't mind. I need to clear my head." Nathan asked Alec.

Shrugging Alec replied "Sure."

Owen barked "Report" at Luke.

"We did not see anything out of the ordinary, nor did we see any evidence that someone was out there last night. Since so much time has passed, we aren't able to tell if someone was there or not."

Owen turned to address Alec. "Do you think he would have been out here last night watching her or her home?"

"No. It's not his style. He would not watch her. If he knew where she was, he would make contact with her. Just like he did the letter. He would have someone else watch her if he knew where she was. He would not want to be seen until he had everything lined up and ready for her like he said in the letter. He does not want to get caught, so he will take every precaution he has to, and then he will strike when he feels the time is right." Alec replied sombrely.

Heart barked again and they left out the back door. I looked up at Luke and he reminded me of the good news I wanted to tell them when I was coming home.