Chapter 94- Luke's Birthday Part 1

Luke Pov

Everyone grumbled about getting up so early, but we were all excited about my birthday. It is cold this morning, so when the limo arrived at Uncle's it was a nice surprise that each of us has a personal travel mug in the limo. The driver advised us they were full of either coffee or hot chocolate. North glared at me when I said mine was hot chocolate with marshmallows.

When we arrived at the site, Vic and North demanded to know who the hell Emily was talking to. When I turned I notice she is wearing camel color riding boots, dark wash jeans that looked liked they were painted on and showed off her legs, an orange sweater was covering her behind and was showing under her waist length camel leather jacket. She had on brown leather gloves and was holding a yellow travel mug. I am guessing it is full of either tea or hot chocolate. Heart was running between her and the man she was talking to. She was laughing and smiling at the guy and I was not prepared for the flair of jealousy that consumes me seeing her laughing and smiling at another guy other than my brothers and I.

She greeted us in a warm and friendly manner as we got out of the limo. However, she made no move to hug or show any affection to any of us. I tried to hide my hurt by that when she told me happy birthday and then started walking towards the balloon.

Emily introduced us to guy she was talking to as the pilot and his crew. She calmed Si down when he started getting nervous and once we were ready for launch, Heart jumped into the basket and would not leave no matter what we tried. I saw the flash of longing and hurt in her eyes before she covered it back up. I promised her I would not let anything happen to him as we were lifted up in the air and moving away from her. She waved and yelled for us to enjoy ourselves before she turned around, got into her truck and drove away.

At first, I did not know why she would plan a balloon ride early in the morning, but it sounded so much fun. As I watch the sunrise with my brothers and experience it myself, I get it. It's quite peaceful and it makes you reflect on life and things in general. It's perfect for day dreaming, energizing and relaxing.

As I look out at the beautiful sunrise, I remember the dream I had last night. I dreamed that I was out on a date with Sang and she leans in to kiss me. When I pulled away breathing hard, I open my eyes to tell her I loved her it was Emily's eyes I was staring into and she was panting just as hard at me and smiling. She opens her mouth telling me she loves me too. Only it's not not Emily's voice saying it, it's Sang. I ask her what she said and Emily tells me in her own voice that she loves me and wants to kiss me again. I tell her I can't kiss her and her face turns into Sang's and she looks angry. Why not, she demands. Don't you love her?

"Alright gentlemen. We are getting ready to land in a couple of minutes. We will be landing in the field over the next hill." says the pilot, breaking into my inner thoughts. He starts talking into his cell phone with the ground crew, making sure we were able to land properly. After we got out, Heart ran over to a tree and went to the bathroom before walking back to me.

"Oy! That was awesome, wasn't it?"

"Yes, it was Gabe. I want to do it again."

"Yes, well next time I hope its warmer." grumbles Nathan.

"Yes, I was a little nervous, but I am glad I did it. I have to give Emily credit, she was right."

"Told you Si." smirked Victor.

"However, I would like to stay on the ground."

"What do you want to do now?" asked Owen as we walked to the limo.

"I want to head back to your place, then go to my room and nap until breakfast is ready."

"Sounds good to me. I could not sleep last night."