Chapter 73-Chicken, Waffles, and Reassurance

Start from the beginning

"Thanks guys."

"I thought you were taking a bath?" North said, looking at her.

"I was, but then I decided if I got in the tub, I may go to sleep. Hey guys, I know the perfect place we can stay in Savannah, and I want to bring Heart with us if that is alright. I just don't want to leave him here." she says as she puts on some water to boil.

"We have no problem with that, so I will leave the sleeping accommodations with you." states Mr. Blackbourne, and Emily says thank you over her shoulder as she bends over to get things from her cabinet. I can't help but let my eyes roam over her backside.

"What are you doing over there?"

"Getting some things from the pantry so I can make the sweet tea brine for the chicken Victor." Emily set some things on the counter.

"So you are making sweet tea chicken for tomorrow?"

"Yes Hercules. I promised you chicken and waffles and that is what I will make for breakfast with eggs, grits and fruit. So when are we leaving tomorrow, Owen?" she inquired as she pulled bags of frozen fruit from the freezer.

"We are leaving at 9am or after breakfast is over."

"I will drive and Heart will ride with me, so I can take 3 people in my truck.

"Dr. Green and myself will ride in my car."

"I wanted to ride in the truck Owen" Sean whined.

"I am riding with Sunshine down to Savannah with Doc" yells Gabe, coming down the hall.

"I am riding with Emily as well."

"Very well. Sean, Mr. Morgan and Mr. Coleman will ride down with Miss Sway. They will not be able to ride back with her to give the rest of us a chance to. The rest will ride down with North and myself."

"Yes, we get to ride in the truck." states Sean as he high fives Gabe.

"Well, we have to go. Si, you want to ride with us?"

"Yeah."

"We have to depart as well Miss Sway."

"Owen, please call me Emily. It's just us."

"Very well. We will see you tomorrow Emily." he says as he walks up to her and gives he a hug and a kiss on the top of her head. I see her smile since she is facing towards me with her head on his chest.

My brothers all say goodbye to my Queen as they hug her goodbye. After my brothers leave, she yawns and turns to us saying she is tired and going to bed. Kota and Nathan said they will stay with her and Gabe and I go to the hanging bed room. I kiss her forehead goodnight and go to bed excited about tomorrow.

I wake up with a start and my breathing is fast and short. I look around the room and remember where I am and realize it was just a dream. I switch on the light by my bed and rub my eyes trying to wake up. I can still hear the machines beeping in my head and I can still see Princess in her hospital bed smiling up at me.

I can remember her placing her hand in mine saying there was nothing I could do. I can feel the hopelessness and dispair I felt at that time. I begged and pleaded with her to let us help. Let me help. I told her I would pay for the best to come in and work with Dr. Roberts and Sean. That she was my princess and I was her prince, and a prince always comes and takes care of his princess.

She smiled at me and said she loved me for me, not my money or fame. That I always knew what she wanted or needed without saying anything. That one day I would find my Queen and she will be happy for me.

I remember her asking me to hum the song I wrote for her while she rested, and for me not to leave her until she woke up. She moved over in her bed so I could get in. After I got in, I pulled her to me and she placed her head on my chest. I hummed that song from the time she went to sleep until she woke up an hour late. I tapped the side of her ribs like I was playing it on the piano. I was hoping she would hear me and feel the love and strength I had for her.

She woke up and looked me in the eye and said thank you Victor. I replied Your welcome Princess. She told me she loved it and I should record it. I told her it was just for her. She asked me to record it for her because our love was special and she wanted me share it with the world. I promised her I would and I did. I named it My Princess after her.

I have not played or heard that song since we buried her. Then last week I hear it taking Emily to our family dinner and to hear her say she it was one of her favorite songs and how moving it was to her.

"You alright Vic?" asked Gabe, his voice full of sleep.

"Yeah, I am good. Just going to the bathroom. Go back to sleep."

"Alright" he says as I see him roll back over in his bed across from me. We both like the top bunks as it reminds us of camp.

I smile at Gabe as I climb down and head to the bathroom. After taking care of my business and getting back in bed, I decide to talk to Emily on the way to Savannah tomorrow. I need to know before I go any further with her. With that thought I go back to sleep.