Chapter 76: Playing Dangerously

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"And one day, your name didn't make me smile anymore."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Author's Note: This is just a short chapter because the last four chapters will be way longer than this

*

Ray watched the life sucked out of Randy's eyes while she stared at him with the same intensity. He said they were fine but his eyes never lied as he looked at her deeply. She wanted to comfort him but she also felt guilty for ditching out on Raymond again after promising to him that she'd hang out with him today for his birthday. Ray feels like she doesn't have a choice but to hang out with Raymond on his birthday despite how Randy almost begs her not to go.

Principles over relationships.

It sucks having to feel that she's choosing Raymond over Randy when that's not what she wants him to feel. Despite almost losing him last night, she's still hoping that Randy will trust her just like how she constantly trusts him.

"Please say something, Randy," she said when Randy stared into her eyes intensely. It almost feels like those are the words she constantly says these past few days. Maybe there's something wrong in her brain, maybe it's the medicine she's taking or maybe it's her mind twisting the reality.

"Please trust me, babe," Ray begs as she holds both his cold hands. "I'll fix this I promise. I'll fix us."

Randy scoffed, finding her words absurd, but instead of calling her on her bullshit, he just stared at her. Fix us? That's bullshit! He thought while he stared. He can't stop thinking about why Ray still wants to see another guy, is he not enough? Doesn't he deserve to be happy just for once? He finds it ridiculous how Ray manages to have a stoic face while facing Randy. Is he so unlovable? Randy sighed at his own thought.

"Randy..." Ray sighed after saying his name, and then she held his face with her hands before pulling him slowly until their foreheads touched one another. "Do you still love me in all of your mornings?" she murmured, her breath touching his cheek when she spoke, causing him to close his eyes and picture himself without Ray by his side.

As he closed his eyes, all of the memories they made together came rushing in, putting up a smile on his lips upon remembering every single memory they made in the past months until their vacation. He tilted his head to the left when the memories overwhelmed him, making his nose twitch from that foreboding feeling. He needs her. He needs her to be herself again. He needs her to be his girlfriend again.

"Please love me in all of your mornings," she mumbled when she didn't hear anything from him.

Randy's lips twitched as he continued to reminisce about every memory they shared together before he opened his eyes to look at her face. Her gray eyes met his brown ones as they looked at each other, and then he heaved out a loud sigh when he noticed the sincerity in her eyes.