Chapter 68: Tremors

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"Your eyes. Your eyes hold everything my soul thirsts for."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Ray

Ray

Randy insisted on driving me to the Psych Clinic Emma referred me to, after we cried inside his car, even if I told him that I wanted to go alone since I wanted to think about everything. It has only been twenty-four hours since we argued over things that could have been avoided if they were already fixed, but the universe didn't agree to that and chose to make it more complicated for us.

I stole another glance at her as he drove us to the clinic and a deep-rooted sigh escaped my lips when I noticed how tense he was. Maybe he also felt that something wasn't still okay, but we were trying. God knows how much I've tried to work things with him and I'll continue doing that because that's how much I love him. But just the thought of him still being friends with his ex bothers me to my core. I don't know why but it feels like Violet is just going to steal him from anytime soon every time I think of their friendship.

I've had a fair share of exes before who still talked to their ex-girlfriends and all of them ended up going back to their exes because of their fucking history. That's why I tend to get anxious every time Violet comes into the picture because it feels like everything's going to happen again and again.

History repeats itself.

Fuck that crap. I don't understand why they have to stay in touch with their exes because once you end your romantic relationship, your friendship also comes along with it. I've had exes before and I am a hundred percent sure that Randy won't see me still talking to my ex because I just simply don't. Especially if the breakup is bad—I'll stop talking to them regardless of how long we're together. That's why I don't understand why he still cares for Violet and why he still wants her to be a part of his life.

The picture I saw on his phone? He should have deleted that a long time ago when we started flirting.

The lipstick stain on his shirt? He should have not kissed her again when I came back from Philadelphia.

The naked picture of her in his apartment? He should have checked his place right after she decorated it.

His Little Seoul apartment that she decorated for free? He should have not asked her to decorate his place when Mari and Carmella owned an interior design company.

But I can't blame him for all of that. Or maybe I can but I just don't want to because I love him. He's the only person I truly felt connected to, right when I first met him and when I sat in the passenger seat. I knew he was going to be a big part of my life but I honestly didn't see all of this coming. I thought we were just friends who messed with each other, flirted with each other, and got jealous of one another—but I didn't see this coming; that I would fall for him so hard that I'd be willing to accept him over and over again.