Chapter 65: The Lies You Never Told

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"You have no idea how worthless you made me feel."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Trigger Warning: mentions of self-harm, suicidal thoughts, bullying, anxiety, depression

*

Randy

My heart almost fucking dropped to the ground when I heard Mister K say those words. It didn't even help that he was staring at me too intently as if he was trying to tell me something for days which he couldn't do since I was not in the city.

Oh, shit. I'm fucking dead.

I shake my head in dismay and look up at him, meeting his taunting gaze. "What is it, bro?" I try to sound as polite as fucking possible, but his meaningful gaze gives me the fucking heebie-jeebies—or whatever the fuck was that.

He took a step forward and immediately took a stop to look around the mess I made in my own apartment. "What the fuck happened here?" He shifted his eyes back at me and sighed in dismay. "Is this what happens once you get yourself attached again to a woman? Jesus, Randall! What's gotten into you?" I saw how his furious eyes turned into disappointment as he looked at me in disbelief.

His gaze—I've seen that familiar deadly gaze before. I saw the same storm in his eyes when he found out about my relationship with Violet and decided that it would be best for me to shoot my then-girlfriend just because he wanted me to. I felt sick to my stomach when I had to pull the trigger at Violet's head, but I also didn't have a choice because I wanted to be in a position so bad that I didn't think of the consequences before.

Even though I didn't love Violet when I was dating her, I still cared for her. And when I told her that I needed to shoot her because I wanted to be in a higher rank in Chang Gang, she didn't understand. I already expected her not to since what I did to her was very fucked up.

But now, seeing the very same gaze from our leader a few years later, it fucking scares me—it's like I'm being haunted by the past over and over. As my mind continued to wander, I took a deep breath to calm myself down and thought about Ray and the memories we made together in Paris and London, I immediately felt a smile creeping from my face just by thinking about her. Jesus! And to think that I fucking dared to put malice on that hug that Violet took and sent to me.

Fuck! I'm so fucking stupid.

"Randall!"

I snapped back to reality when I heard Mister K yelling in my ears. "Bruh?" I try joking around him to lose that familiar gaze in his eyes but I'm too fucking scared because of him.

"The fuck?" Mister K rolled his eyes at me as if he was so against me being happy. "You're long gone, Randall. Jesus! What the fuck happened to you?" I hate it every time he asks that because he's making it seem that falling for someone is a fucking bad thing when he's out there dating his girlfriend for fucking years.