Chapter 58: After Darkness

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"If you won't embrace her madness, then you will never taste her magic."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"This can't be happening! This can't be happening!"

She paced back and forth as she was outside the bathroom door, waiting for April to come out with a result that would change both of Randy and Ray's lives.

"What's taking you so long?" Ray was getting impatient as she began biting her nails from nervousness. The anticipation was killing her and she couldn't help but think of the man she wanted to see the results with— not her best friend. "April! Answer me, you bitch!" she yelled at the redhead.

When she told the redhead to bring her a pregnancy kit, April dropped everything for her best friend and went on to buy a pregnancy kit without even saying goodbye to her other man. Then she immediately drove to the Tier 3 apartment and asked for Randy Bullet's apartment, since she was in a rush. She didn't have the luxury of time to ask Ray because she just ended the call when Ray repeated what she said.

April's trembling hands held the pregnancy stick and looked at it with wide eyes. "Oh, shit."

"What?!" Ray yelled when she heard April's muffled voice, her ear pressed against the door to listen to the redhead. "Open the fucking door!" she screamed, slamming the door with her hands.

Staring at the pregnancy stick still, the door suddenly opened after Ray's merciless banging against the door and the stick was immediately stolen from April's grip, grabbing the redhead's attention. "I'm sorry, Ray."

Ray stood there frozen to her feet with her wide eyes began to water as she looked at the result. "Is this true?" she asked in a whisper.

"I'm not pregnant?"

One line showed up indicating that Ray wasn't pregnant.

This can't be happening.

"Hah!" she scoffs sadly as she leans against the sink. "Why do I feel sad finding out about it, April?" she cried once more as she gripped the pregnancy stick tightly, unsure of what her reaction should be. "I should be happy, right? I mean I asked for this. I prayed that I wasn't pregnant, but why am I disappointed?" She buried her face in both of her hands and cried there while all April could do was cry alongside her best friend. "I know I don't like to have kids just yet, but is it bad that I expected that I was pregnant?"

She couldn't trust herself anymore because she already convinced herself that she didn't want to get pregnant yet because she didn't hope for a baby. But finding out that she wasn't really pregnant sure left her disappointed because she was expecting something else.

Ray was so confused with herself.

April heaved a sigh as she watched her best friend crying. "I'll take you to an OB-GYN clinic so we'll have a more accurate result." The redhead doesn't have a clue of what's happening between Randy and Ray behind closed doors as she also has a problem of her own, but she knows Ray needs her.