Chapter 72: The Other Side

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"You fucked up and I said sorry."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Randy

Randy

Almost two hours passed and I still couldn't help but think about how our leader made me feel that I was useless to the gang because he chose to do the tasks he had given to me without my knowledge. It didn't even help the fact that I just had a conversation with Vinny earlier telling me that I was becoming useless to the gang because I was so focused on Ray.

I'm still so pissed at the idea of my boys not trusting me with tasks just because I'm finally prioritizing myself after years of prioritizing other people.

Fuck them.

I'm so loyal to the gang that I always choose not to go back to England whenever Mister K gives us free time for the holiday season. Every time the boys leave for personal vacations, I always choose to stay in the city because I want to continue learning even if I already know a lot of things since I've been in the city for years.

I always prioritize the fucking gang more than myself.

I always prioritize other people more than my personal needs.

But now that I'm finally giving time for myself, suddenly I'm the bad guy? Suddenly I'm the most useless gang member. So useless that our leader felt the need to do the task he had given me because I was so useless in their eyes.

Fuck them.

I heaved out a loud sigh and ran my fingers through my hair as I watched the people around me laughing while I was standing alone near my car after ending fifth place in the race. My mind was too occupied with other things that I did worst in a fucking amateur race.

I heaved another loud sigh again before I shook my head.

What are you doing, Randall? Stop sulking, bruh!

I closed my eyes to keep the thoughts away from my mind and took three sharp breaths for a few more seconds.

"Hey, Randall." I opened my eyes when I heard a woman's voice. "Are you okay?" I felt her hand holding my shoulder, making me flinch and making her laugh. "Chill, bruh. You're not my type."

I rolled my eyes heavenwards. "Bullshit, Lexi. I know you had a crush on me before," I said, shaking my head.

"Oh. Am I?" She crossed her arms against her chest and stood in front of me with an arched eyebrow, making me laugh sheepishly. "Do you want me to read out loud what your messages to me before, man?"

My eyes widened when she took her phone out of her pocket. "Lexi!" I panicked.

She looked at me with amusement and then she suddenly started laughing at me like the menace she was. "I'm just kidding, Randall. Chill," she said and tapped my shoulder. "Anyway, why are you standing alone here, man? That is so not you," she said, shaking her head as if she was trying to prove a point. "Where's your girl toy, man? What's her name again?" She snapped her fingers all of a sudden. "Ah! Ray Mond, right?" Then she grinned at me. "How long have you been flirting with her?"