Chapter 9: He's Dead

Two days later

Two days later...

Randy

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" I asked when I saw her worried expression. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to," I told her.

"I got this, Randy." She smiled at me, trying to mask her nervousness under it. "I'm just going to drop this to them, right?" she asked.

"Yes, Ray. If things go south, just call me or Randy," K reminded her before he took a hit at his joint. "We'll wait for you here," our leader said.

Ray nodded her head and looked at me. I smiled at her to assure her that we'll be here—that I will be here. Then she heaved out a sigh before walking away from us, leaving me with Mr. K and Ramee.

Ray got this.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Ramee asked as he joined me watching her strut her heel to the alleyway.

"She got this, Ramee," Mr. K said and turned his attention to me. "You said she did great when you guys did oxy run together, right?" he asked, his eyes fixated on me.

I nodded without hesitation. "Yeah, she did. We were high, though." I let out a small chuckle, remembering that night we did an oxy run 2 days ago. Ray and I were both stoked during the run, then I gave her some oxy pill after we did the run.

"What did you guys do that night?" Ramee asked as he smoked his weed.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing crazy. We were just laughing," I said. That night was kind of blurry to me because of the amount of weed that we took. Though I do remember things, I just don't want to say something that would incriminate my friendship with her. I don't want them to make it awkward for us to hang out.

Minutes had passed since Ray left us outside the alley. I looked at my wristwatch and saw that she was gone for exactly 15 minutes or more. Now, I know it was her first time dropping off the goods to our new customer, but hell! It won't take that long.

Something's happening.

"K, I think I need to go there. She's been gone for 15 minutes." I looked at our unfazed leader. "I know she's new, but it won't take her that long," I said. I hid my hands from the Dragon's eyes, careful of him knowing that my hands were shaking because of worry.

"Relax, Randall," he called me by my real name as he eyed me suspiciously. "Don't you trust her?" he asked.

"I trust her," I said as I looked back at the dark alley where she just headed. Of course, I trust her but I don't trust other people meeting Ray.

"RANDY!"

The three of us looked at one another when we all heard a scream from Ray, and without hesitation, I immediately ran towards where Ray Mond was.

"RANDY!" I heard a wailing scream once again from her.

"Where are you, Ray?" I yelled back and the dogs started barking but I didn't care. I don't fucking care.