Chapter 56: The Kids Are Not Okay

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"And as he wept, stars fell from his eyes."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Trigger Warning: mentions of self-harm

*

The vast amount of anxiety that had gotten on Randy's nerves was astronomical because of what the leader had just told him. He sure was anxious because he didn't want to decide on Ray's behalf but he also didn't want to work with Violet; Randy was torn. He had never been this torn whenever he was doing a job—but this wasn't a normal job.

He knew he had to choose something but neither of the choices were good either.

Randy paused to take a breather as the leader was just looking at him straight into his eyes. The leader knew Randy would be in such a predicament, and though he wanted Randy to let Ray kill the Whitlock sisters, the old man was hoping for Randy to choose to work with Violet instead for his own entertainment.

Mister K had no problems with Randy hanging out with Ray but he could see that his 2nd in command was becoming too soft for his liking, and as the leader of the strongest gang in the city, he had to take matters into his own hands. Even if he knows his decision will severely hurt the people involved in his sick and twisted game.

"So? What's your decision, Randall?" The leader was taunting since he didn't want to waste his time.

The British man looked in Ray's direction and saw her joking around the boys and laughing with them. He sighs as he doesn't want to ruin this day for Ray because he almost ruined them a few minutes back when Ray tried to pack her things; Randy knows for sure she's going to leave him if he fucks this even more. So for the sake of his relationship with Ray, he decided. "I'm gonna talk to Ray." Taken aback, the leader tried to stop Randy by grabbing his arm, but Randy shoved the leader's hand away with so much force. "You can't stop me, K. This is Ray we're talking about. So you can't stop me." He pushed the leader off him with gritted teeth and walked away from the leader, leaving K amused. Mister K was aware of how much Randy changed the moment he took Ray under his protection but it didn't occur to him that his 2nd in command would talk back at him and disobey his orders for Ray.

But Ray wasn't just a simple gang member to Randy— she was more than that; his connection with her was more than anyone he had connected to before. Ray was special, and Mister K should have known that by now but he didn't since he didn't even try to connect with Ray. The leader didn't even try to bond with Ray, so how could he have known of Ray's special connection with his 2nd in command?

"Ray," Randy called Ray's name but there were too many heads that turned to look at him including Ray's head. "Can we talk?" He didn't have to tell her twice because she just nodded her head gently when she saw his distraught eyes. With his shoulders dropped low, he turned his heel and was ready to leave the circle when he was stopped by a pair of warm, soft, and familiar hands.