Chapter 39: The First Crack

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"I'd be his if he'd asked."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

After sending Ray a selfie picture of him with dead cops behind him, Randy put his phone back in his pocket with an evident smile on his lips

After sending Ray a selfie picture of him with dead cops behind him, Randy put his phone back in his pocket with an evident smile on his lips. He couldn't help but let out a giggle when he remembered his deal with Ray and all of a sudden he already wanted to see her.

"We should go back to the cubby," Randy suggested to the group, not even trying to hide his excitement because he hadn't hung out with Ray in a week.

Taco's brows furrowed when he noticed the sly grin on his brother's lips. "Why are you laughing, man?" He asked, giggling alongside him even though he didn't have any idea as to why Randy was so giddy.

Randy cleared his throat and waved his hand, not telling anyone about the deal he made with Ray. "Nothing. Let's go back to Little Seoul." He didn't even wait for Taco's response, he just ran back to his car and drove in haste, as if his life depended on it. Normally, the drive back from Rockford Hills to Little Seoul would take them 3 minutes tops, but he was driving at an evident speed, disobeying every traffic law in the city as that didn't matter to him because seeing Ray before he ended his day was the only thing that mattered.

Randy placed his elbow on the window and touched his lips using his two fingers with a sly grin on his face as he drove past Alta Street. "Shit!" He cursed at himself and giggled as soon as he reached Little Seoul.

"What the fuck?!" Ramee gasped when Randy's car entered the cubby in such haste, almost breaking their gate. He looked past his car and raised an eyebrow when he saw that no one was chasing him—he was just driving at full speed. "What's wrong with you, Randy?! You almost broke the gate, my brotha!" He said as they watched Randy exit the car.

While Ramee was so confused by Randy's actions, Ray couldn't stop giggling because she knew why he was in such a hurry. Then she cleared her throat when Randy walked up to them with a smirk on his lips. "What's up, Ramee," he said before shifting his glance to Ray's. "Hey," he said, smirking still. "Did you see my text?" He asked, suppressing his smile because Ramee was watching them with gaping eyes.

"Yeah. I saw," she answered quickly.

"I did great, right?" He asked fishing for compliments from her and ignoring Ramee who was quietly watching them because his undivided attention was now on Ray as he stared at her face with his set of dreamy and brown eyes that met her charcoal-gray ones.

"Yeah, you did great. Good job, Randy!" She smiled after giving him the compliment he ever so wanted to hear before he went back to his empty apartment at Little Seoul. One thing about Randy Bullet—he likes the compliments he gets from other people but he absolutely loves the compliments coming from Ray, the very reason why he likes to hear some words of affirmation from her just to make his day better. And Ray loves giving him the affirmation he deserves because Randy had always been so vocal about how he appreciates her—even before they've gotten this close. He doesn't just say that he appreciates the compliments that came from her, he even shows his gratitude towards the woman through his actions—and Ray loved that. She loves the validation Randy was giving her, she loves it when people validate her but she loves it more if Randy was the one validating her. Though she also likes the words of affirmation from him, her favorite thing is getting validated by someone she trusts the most and by someone she loves—and that's Randy Bullet.