Chapter 1: Welcome to Los Santos

Ray

Ray

'Welcome to Los Santos'

"What place is this?" I asked myself as I looked around. This city looks so much different from the pictures my brother gave me. "This is it? This is the city he's proud of?" I stuck my tongue out in disbelief. I can't believe this is the city he chose to live for years.

"Ray!" I turned around and there I saw a tall guy, wearing a green and black tuxedo and neon light shoes, but what caught my attention was the helmet he was wearing. There's no fucking way. "It's me—Yuno!" He declared as soon as he made his way in front of me.

Hah!

I walked closer to him, squinting my eyes. "Yuno?" I arched an eyebrow. It's been 10 years since I last saw him and the only communication we've had for the last years was through his old Facebook account and his Facebook profile had old pictures of him—of us, so I didn't know what's been happening to him. "Is that you?" I asked, clarifying if I was looking at the same person I grew up with a few years ago.

Yuno scoffs. "Oh, I forgot to remove my helmet," he said and chuckled as he removed his helmet from his head. I didn't know what to expect but this wasn't what I expected.

Oh. My. God

"Why are you so shocked?" He laughed at my reaction.

"W-where did you get surgery?" I asked him and went closer to him to touch his face. He laughed at how dumb I probably looked while he just let my hand run through his face, well he didn't have a choice either because I'm gonna run my hand on him anyway. "Damn! I gotta have surgery too!" I joked.

He let out a wry laugh. "What do you mean? You looked good, Ray. You didn't have to undergo surgery. You weren't the one who got bullied because of appearance," he said, smiling sadly. I just let out a sigh and didn't say anything back.

To be honest, Yuno didn't look very attractive when we were kids. He always gets bullied because he looks different from me or our parents. Yuno and I are twins but he always looked different. The reason why he was very aloof and awkward with people. Growing up, Yuno had jet-black hair while I had brunette locks. Other people confused us as twins because we didn't look like it even if we were not identical twins, to begin with.

We just didn't look the same.

Yuno had brown eyes while I have charcoal gray ones, and unlike me, he has slightly chinky eyes when none of our parents were Asians. Though we were twins, we just really looked different. I don't know how, but god-forbid I know we were twins.

However, none of that mattered because Yuno and I were tight before so I was depressed when he left me—he left us. He was only 14 years old when he ran away from home, well, he didn't technically run away from home because he told me where he would stay. He ran away from our parents and from all the bullies that he always had to deal with.