Chapter 71: Cupid Screwed Up

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"You all realize I'm going to snap one day, right?"
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Ray

Ray

It feels so weird that we can just hold hands in front of our friends, it even feels weirder doing it in front of our one hostage and the cops outside the bank, trying to breach us.

"I love you," Randy whispered to me before he let go of me. "In every morning, bab," he continued, making me smile underneath my mask.

"In every evening," I answered back. "In all of our days and all of the ways." I heard him giggle under his mask, making me smile alongside him. I held his hand and squeezed it gently, nodding my head before walking away from him to deal with the cops. "Let's go and deal with them, Barney," I tell April as I tap her shoulder to get her attention.

She nods her head at me. "You guys are not hiding it anymore, huh?" April teases, nudging me on the hip while walking towards Mister K who was smoking his cigarette alongside the cops. "Are you gonna tell the gang?"

"Mm. We'll tell them someday. But for now, it's only you, Emma, Mister K, and Ramee who know about it." I looked at her as I held the door handle. "But we kinda just want to keep it private though," I say. "I mean you know how the boys are, right?" I rolled my eyes heavenwards when I remembered their instigations as if she could see it.

"Yeah. You're right. It's probably best not to tell anyone about it if you guys are not comfortable yet," she said and held the door handle with me before we finally opened the door for the cops. "Hello, officer!" she greeted them as if we weren't talking about something else two seconds ago. I watch her strut her heels toward the cops and then quickly step back when the cops point their guns toward us. "Woah! Woah! Chill! Chill! Chill! I'm friendly!" We both raised our hands when the cops pointed their guns at us.

"You are all scumbags!" I laughed when I heard Mister K said that. "Let go of the poor hostage, you stupid criminals!" I could hear the playfulness laced in Mister K's voice so I immediately knew that he knew that it was us.

"You are also a criminal, dumbass!" April said, making me burst into a fit of laughter. "How about you give us what we want, bruh?" I looked at her and chuckled when I saw her taking a step forward and then taking a step back when the other officers pointed their guns at her. "Listen, boys. We want free passage and no spike strips. We also want a 10-second heads up or else we'll kill that woman."

I stepped back, still chuckling, and let April handle the cops. "Woah! Where are you going, ma'am?" Mister K asked me when he noticed me stepping back. "Are you letting us detain your friend here?" I laughed at our leader's playfulness.

"Woah!" April chippered and looked at me. "Come back here, Esteban!" She grits her teeth.

I smirk even though she can't see it. "Nah. I think you can handle this on your own, man," I joked, making her shriek.