Chapter 12: Rogue Mission

A few days later

A few days later...

Ray

"Are you guys in the position now?"

"Yeah, we are ready."

I tilted my head to the side when I heard voices coming from the earpiece that I was wearing.

"We'll shoot if they hurt her."

I slowly turned my head to my left, searching for them, and snickered when I saw Randy's stupid turkey mask from afar, slightly adjacent to where I was.

"Stop looking at me, Ray!"

I heard him scowl from the end of the earpiece, making me laugh. I shook my head and crossed my legs as I waited for Cleanbois to come.

Mr. K told me that CB wanted to meet me at Rooster's Rest, which I recently just found out that they owned the restaurant, but they also asked me to come alone because they are aware of how rabid Chang Gang could be. When Randy found out about the meeting, he dropped a job that he was about to do and decided to come with us—Mr. K, Ramee, Taco, and me. Randy insisted on coming with us and Mr. K didn't have a choice but to let him come or else he would lose his mind, at least that's what the leader described.

After I experienced my first hangover in the city, I spent my days hanging out with the boys and talking about some gang stuff while robbing houses at night with April or alone, and that was when Mister K called me to let me know that CB wanted to meet me and talk about I don't know.

Flashback

"Why are you coming with us anyway, Randy? I thought you were going to rob a bank?" I asked him as I put an earpiece in his ear. The other boys were waiting for us from another room in the gallery.

"There's no way I would let you do it alone," he said, watching me fix the wire for him. "Are you sure you're doing this right or are you going to strangle me?" He chuckled seeing me struggle.

"Just stay still, alright?" I hit him on his chest, making him laugh. "And what do you mean alone? I have Mr. K, Ramee, and Taco with me." I lightly slap his chest after strapping him up. "You're done! See? Staying still pays off." I rolled my eyes at him after spending some time fixing the wire for him since he was moving a lot.

"Yeah, no shot I would let you do it with them," he said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, and making my heart skip a beat. "Besides, we're a team, right?" he asked when his eyes met mine.

"We are?" I teased him. "Since when?" A smirk slowly grazed my lips as I stared at him.

"Since you decided to stab a cop with me."

"I did?" I let out a small laugh when he rolled his eyes at me. "But still, you could have just waited for us, though," I said. Randy told me that other people ask him to do jobs with them because of his skill, making it easier for him to do everything. And him dropping a job for me doesn't sit right with me, however, a part of me was also happy that he ditched someone for me.